Placement of Xfrog items - spcecified locations

Started by rmfrase, January 15, 2007, 12:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmfrase

I've messed around abit and have placed numerous items (ie: trees )  However, is it possible to set limitations where the items are placed - as in Altitude/slope constraints?

-RmFrase

Will

Do you mean populations or individual objects?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rmfrase

Placement of the Populations.  Say for example, I want to place trees up to about 1/3 way up the height of a mountain.  How do I limit it so that I have trees all around the mountain, but not completely covering it.

Thanks.
RmFrase

Will

Hmm a distropution shader maybe, I dont know to much about populations yet but I think thats what I read somewhere Ill try to dig it up

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

edlo

Quote from: rmfrase on January 15, 2007, 01:41:59 PM

Placement of the Populations.  Say for example, I want to place trees up to about 1/3 way up the height of a mountain.  How do I limit it so that I have trees all around the mountain, but not completely covering it.

Thanks.
RmFrase

attach a distribution shader to your population; then you can set altitude constraints, slope constraints etc.

rmfrase

Thank's to all for your help with my question.  Now instead of having to render 100's of thousands of trees, I can limit the placement of the trees, I can just render enough for the shot.

Attached is my attempt at what I was wanting to do.    And it ( I think ) came out ok.

MeltingIce

Just use a distribution shader, it will let you edit slope and altitude constraints.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

rmfrase

Thank you for the link.  Actually, that is what I discovered on my own last night (or was it this morning....) 
;D
I got busy, and next thing I knew - it was 02:30 AM.

-RmFrase