Tornado/rain/particle effects

Started by gradient, January 16, 2007, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gradient

Playing around trying to see if, eventually, we can achieve some type of rain, snow or bizarre cloud effects.
Crude first attempt here...next step to see if I can somehow apply this technique to a cloud layer.....

buzzzzz

Keep playing Man! Looks like you are on to something! You seem to be having fun to!  ;D

Superza

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

rcallicotte

Interesting.  Wait until that next patch and I bet we can do a lot more with a lot more expected efficiency.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dark Fire

I've always wondered about how I could create things like rain. A tornado would look pretty cool in a picture too. Once methods of creating these features have been established, it would be interesting to try to animate them.

Njen

If it's rain in the distance, you can use a cloud with very low edge density.

buchvecny

i think the best way how to make rain/snow is to MODEL it. and then just add 100 000 objects under population. the closer rain drops will be pretty detailed too.

StickerSticker

like real life raindrops are detailed?  ;D

Njen

Rain drops are just spheres, quite easy to model :)

rcallicotte

Coolnesses.

Quote from: buchvecny on January 17, 2007, 01:04:32 PM
i think the best way how to make rain/snow is to MODEL it. and then just add 100 000 objects under population. the closer rain drops will be pretty detailed too.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dark Fire

Quote from: buchvecny on January 17, 2007, 01:04:32 PM
That would be a bit complicated to animate. Does anyone have any suggestions for making a tornado?

wimbledonian

I don't know about rain but made some fast-falling snow by accident http://www.flickr.com/photos/wimbledonian/360993597/ - I think the camera was just under the surface.

Ian

Will

Yea you were under the surface. But cool image non-the-less.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Que

Yeah i think thats what id like to see someone create a nice looking tornado ...i think i read something about applying a warp shader or something to a cloud ..ive tried but my cloud vanishes but ive no idea what im doing to be honest lol