Do We Really Believe?

Started by rcallicotte, February 22, 2008, 09:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

One thing I have noticed which does not seem to be the same with Windows is that the new graphics card I have put in the Linux box has improved the performance of everything, probably audio as well. The whole system seems to fly now compared to before. It's cool because even although this card has a huge heat sink and fan it is not noisy until you open a graphics app that pushes the Open GL. The card steps it's MHz in accordance with what is needed and the fan speed. I thought I was going to have a noisy fan which was the case with another work station card I had. I took that out due to the noise but this Quadro is great. The noise is a problem if you are doing music, obviously.

efflux

OK. I now see to get an update without using update inside TG2 I need the email. Think I've lost that. The version I am running on Linux is not the latest. It tells me this when I start the app but I can't download from Linux.

efflux

Looks like my Linux tests against Windows may be slightly flawed. The Windows version is the latest but the Linux version isn't. However I read:

Planet Atmosphere:
    Reverted some changes that increased render times in build 1.8.76.0.

Cloud Layer V2:
    Reverted some changes that increased render times in build 1.8.76.0.
    "Wispy base" and "Softer base" are now adjustable scalars "Base wispiness" and "Base softness".

Bearing in mind my test render scene was thick cloudy atmosphere. Maybe this accounts for the fact that I thought TG2 was rendering faster on a previous test in Linux a while back or would I even notice the difference with these different versions?

I actually thought both versions were not the latest due to a ghost back of my Windows system but at some stage I must have installed the latest on the Windows box but I don't know where the installation file is.

efflux

Forget what I said. I wasn't reading the update info correctly. The last update doesn't effect render times but I don't have this file for build 1.9.04.1.

efflux

Got build 1.9.04.1 by hooking Windows to the net so no problem.

Mojoworld is close to being sorted under Wine now. You get the UI now which was no good before but there is a problem with rendering.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

efflux