A painful read for Vista users

Started by Harvey Birdman, March 09, 2008, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dark Fire

Ah...Better were the days when I had an Atari and an entire flight sim for it on a single floppy disk... :D

Will

ah, Microsoft Flight stimulator 1909 I remember that!
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Oshyan

I honestly just don't know how Vista happened. I would have thought MS would learn their lesson with Windows ME vs. 2000, which they seemed to when they made XP the single choice successor to both. I've been running Vista now for 3 or 4 months at least and it is just nothing exciting or interesting whatsoever. It's slower, more resource hungry, more finnicky, and programs run *worse* not *better*. I have had some crashes, no more or less really than XP, but programs routinely do not work as they should. And this is on a quad core system with 8GB of RAM and a Geforce 8800GTS graphics card. Everything about my system should run Vista fine. I'm going back to XP x64 soon, thank god...

- Oshyan

lightning

Vista sux heaps!
i had to install a printer for my boss at work and every time i clicked on something there was a security warning to follow suit!

That's why I ordered my new computer with no OS on it so i cud install xp instead of that ridiculous excuse for an operating system they call vista! 

joshbakr

Exactly why I have always waited a couple of years before upgrading to anything that MS puts out. I'm still using XP  and will for a while yet.