Single Cloud Clip file.

Started by sonshine777, March 19, 2008, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

I guess I shuld of posted this file here instead of with the Fishing Hole image.

peejay

adamans rebellis quod iustus nos

Harvey Birdman

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

choronr

I tried the 'cloud clip'; but, no clouds showed up??? Also, there are two 'image maps' that are a part of the clip file???

sonshine777

Quote from: choronr on April 03, 2008, 07:06:19 PM
I tried the 'cloud clip'; but, no clouds showed up??? Also, there are two 'image maps' that are a part of the clip file???

You will need to set the coordinates of the image map shader where you want it in your scene.

Below are some screen shots of how I set it up.

1. How the node is connected
2. What needs to be checked in the clouds density fractal.
3. The coordinates of that .tgc.

Hope this helps.

choronr

Thanks sonshine, I had to uncheck 'blend by shader' and check 'fit blendshader to this'; and, it worked. Thank you very much; I appreciate this info; and, for the use of your file.

sonshine777

No Problem, glad you got it to work and hope you can use it to create something great. If you do post the new .tgc of course that goes for anyone. ;D.

Maybe post them on the cloud library thread.

choronr

Hi Sonshine,

I recently resurrected an old image I did in TG 0.09 some years back called 'Pinnacle Bay'. You can see it at Renderosity in my gallery. I've adjusted the POV somewhat and will try it in TG2. I really liked your 'Fishing Hole' image a lot. Is the tree you used in that scene called 'kk....'? If not, I would like to know where I could download it.

When I finish the project and post it, I will make sure you get credit for the clouds ...thank you again.

Bob

sonshine777

Thanks Bob, the tree in the fishing hole is called kk4d.tgo. I think it was made by Klas

His web site:
http://www.terralights.de/terralightsII/Downloads/details/id=14.html

choronr

Thanks Sonshine; I thought this tree was different than the one I have; but, just checked; and, its the same one I have. I used it in a recent scene I made with TG2 and noted that the bark on mine looks much different than yours (and Inkydigit's in his recent picture). I used it as a single object; and, perhaps when used in a population maybe it will look different. Check out Inkydigit's picture in the Image Sharing section and you'll see that even the roots are exposed and really look good.

sonshine777

I used a different Bark texture also. And I played with the vertical scale a bit, it is an amazing tree just little tweaks can make it look very different.

choronr

Thanks Sonshine; that is what I will do when I try the tree in the scene I'm working on.

I am now trying to get your cloud to appear 'further away' from the terrain. I guess I should be trying different X and Z settings in the image map to do this. Now, the shadows being cast are quite heavy putting the terrain in total shadow.

sonshine777

It is definitely a distance cloud, you may try changing the size (scale) of the image map. I think I had it set at 9100 x 9100.

choronr

Thanks again Sonshine; I've reduced the scale by more than 3/4 and still get massive clouds as before. I think I may have to increase the altitude and reduce the Lead-in scale. The clouds are actually near the surface in the foreground.