Ashundar is always crashing?

Started by lightning, April 12, 2008, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

hello
for the past week or two ashundar seems to be continually crashing
saying 500 internal server error or 505 internal server error
anyone else having problem getting into the site?

Cyber-Angel

Yes,

I went to login this morning since I have a contest to run over there and thats impossible when if its not one thing its some thing else I have know idea whats going on.

;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

lightning

it think old b told me it was a server error i wish they would sort it out i want to upload my grass pack there but i cant because it's never bloody working >:(

old_blaggard

I'm sorry about Ashundar's issues - I have to say that I'm getting irritated with it, too.  We have switched hosts several times over the past few years, and each time begins with a period of stability but eventually ends up with crashes and security issues.  Oshyan is also extremely busy right now, and he's the one who maintains most of the backbone of the site.  We're going to continue working on the issue and exploring possibilities, but for the meantime just hang tight - it will be back as soon as possible.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

PG

I know the guy who runs the Mafiascene.com site, that's always having that error come up, he might be able to show you how to get round it.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Mohawk20

Well, this is the latest error anyways...

"Database Error: Table 'smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/skindust/public_html/ashundar/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2543"

This means you have to fix the Subs.php, but how do you do that?
Howgh!

PG

Quote from: Mohawk20 on April 13, 2008, 05:35:51 PM
Well, this is the latest error anyways...

"Database Error: Table 'smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/skindust/public_html/ashundar/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2543"

This means you have to fix the Subs.php, but how do you do that?

well, depends what's on line 2543. Could be that subs.php is a component of some database used by ashundar, which couldn't be loaded by the server for whatever reason and needs to be reset.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

old_blaggard

Subs.php is a file that deals with many of the functions for keeping the database up to date and maintaining the connection between the front end and the back end of the system.  Unfortunately, I don't have access to FTP right now to go and fix it, and even then it might be some deeper problem, because the host itself has had some stability issues.  We're just going to have to wait for Oshyan to pop in.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

lightning

why not just switch the site over to the same web host planetside forums are on i never get a problem with this site :)

old_blaggard

That's because, so far as I know, Planetside actually has its own, private, dedicated host.  Ashundar isn't actually affiliated with Planetside, so it wouldn't really be proper to move it over to the Planetside server.  Just hang in there, and Oshyan and I will continue exploring the options.

MeltingIce

Hmm... guess you guys are working on it now or something.  Looks like theres a syntax error in the index page.  A variable containing a filepath has gone missing, so it can't open up any other php file :P  Hope its back soon, I wanted to download some plant models.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Mohawk20

The best solution:

"We are performing maintenance. Ashundar will return soon. Thank You."

Nice... Now get it fixed!!  ;) :P
Howgh!

Mohawk20

And you did... for now the site is available. Keep it going!
Howgh!

old_blaggard

We'll do our best :).  Thanks for being so patient.

sonshine777

I wouldn't be complaining guys. Where else can you find a site that will let you upload LARGE file sizes for free?
And all of the files are focused on the common interest we all share, TG2.  I'd give them a break. :)