Disappointment...

Started by choronr, April 14, 2008, 01:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Another disappointment. The image contains only two surface layers and two image maps.

PG

Have you downloaded service pack 1? I've noticed really big improvements to crashing programs with that. ;) Looks excellent from what I can see though ;D
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

choronr

Yes; I've downloaded service pack 1. Last night, before I went to sleep, the render was at approximately 24+ hours. I don't know when the render failed; probably when it got to the water which represents about 20% of the image.

PG

Hm, well it's still on the last little bit of the atmosphere, water errors don't usually crash it until it actually comes to render them. I find that jiggling the camera by a little bit fixes it sometimes, also try mixing up the quality settings and sample counts. Don't know why but increasing or decreasing certain settings like that by 2 or 3 seems to fix it. First thing I do with water crashes is increase the seed on the water shader by 5 and it usually sorts it.

choronr

Thanks PG; I will be trying your suggestions and hopefully save this image from the waste basket.

PG

could you share this one too? \.tgc clip files\Pond_a1.jpg
Also, how come the terrain is missing?

choronr

Hi PG,

I've got some personal things to attend to. Later, I'll put together a folder; zip it up and put it on Mediafire for you to download. The cloud/atmo clip file I used here was from 'sonshine'. You should be able to find it on the File sharing (or image sharing) part of the forum. The .ter file I used was imported from Terragen 0.09. The terrain is by 'Dotthy' which I have used many times. Check out my image gallery on Renderosity. I have tried to duplicate my original image called ' Pinnacle Bay'. As you can see, with TG2, I've tried to embellish the image with a bit more realism.

I'll get back to you later.

Bob

choronr

Hi PG,

You can download the zipped file containing all the files of 'Pinnacle Bay Vista' at: http://www.mediafire.com/?ddxnnmdttlm

Sorry it has taken so long; I've got a lot going on right now. Please get back to me and let me know if you received everything ok.

Bob

rcallicotte

Is this the usual message type you get from TG2 errors?  Mine looks different.

Quote from: choronr on April 14, 2008, 01:16:38 PM
Another disappointment. The image contains only two surface layers and two image maps.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

choronr

Yes, when a render fails, this is the usual message I get.

PG

Do you use XP or Vista Calico? Cos XP's error handling is totally different to Vista's, hence the different message box.

choronr

Hey PG, were you able to download the files?

Bob

rcallicotte

I see.  That's the reason.

Quote from: PG on April 15, 2008, 02:44:32 PM
Do you use XP or Vista Calico? Cos XP's error handling is totally different to Vista's, hence the different message box.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

It sounds like this is probably due to the known issues with reflections (water). I would suggest trying the scene again when the beta is available.

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Oshyan; just earlier this evening I decided to give it another try and render it in two parts and merge them in Photoshop (if it doesn't crash again).

Bob