Possible bug

Started by groverwa, January 17, 2007, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groverwa

Gday

I have found that some image shader pics tile into 4 quadrants and if you go to projection type it will be "through the camera" - by accident I found that by making the projection type "UV ojbect" and then going back to "Through the camera" the image shader pic is now just 1 pic

Is this a bug or is it symptom of the file size???

See links below as a reference
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=231.msg1799#msg1799
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=231.msg1817#msg1817

Mike

Oshyan

I haven't seen this problem yet but I'll look into it. If you encounter it can you try saving the .tgd then (without changing projection) close TG2 and then re-open and reload the .tgd? Let us know if it loads with the same problem. It would help if you could provide a .tgd and image file to duplicate this.

- Oshyan

groverwa

Gday Java

Will do - I remember that once this trick is performed it seems that all is ok during this instance of using TG2 - all I have to do is remember the image name

Mike

groverwa

Gday Java

Have a look at the attachments and have a look at the links on first post on this topic

Mike

Oshyan

Looking at the attached file I note that the tiling options are both on and the size is set to 0.5. This makes the texture 1/4 screen size and repeats it 4 times. Changing the projection resets these options to defaults with no tiling and a size of 1. But are you saying that the Image Map shader is created this way by default (with tiling on and size 0.5)? If so that would indeed be a bug.

- Oshyan

groverwa

Gday Java

Most of the time it is ok - just happens sometimes - using the files I sent you I have had it happen and then the next time it is ok

Mike

Oshyan

Odd, ok. So it does indeed happen upon first creating an Image Map shader?

- Oshyan

groverwa

GdayJava

very occasionally

Mike

rcallicotte

I've never seen it and all I've been doing lately is texturing objects.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?