Quick Question

Started by Will, January 17, 2007, 06:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Thats for the reply Oshyan :) I have lpayed with it useing two seprate image file shaders one for displacment and one for color and bring them together using a multishader but I was wondering how to get a nice look ocean on it so I tryed adding yet another image map only for the image this time and plugging in a water shading into it but it didn't work as I had hoped. You guys think this is the right path?

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Oshyan

It's unclear exactly how you're going about this - are you using the Planet Surface Shader at all, or just separate image maps? If the latter then you'd want to mask a surface layer and plug a Water Shader into it as a child. Remember that the color of the surface layer will be the color of your water.

- Oshyan

Will

Ive stopped using the Planet shader and am just using the image files, the way I have it now is that one image is grayscale for displacement, one is in color and shows the continentsand one that was the water and that one has the water shader pluged into it which has made it reflective currently.

regards,

Will

Oshyan

That's the correct way to handle it, it sounds like. I'd use a Surface Layer with the Image Map shader plugged into the Breakup Shader input, then set the Surface Layer to 0.5 coverage and 1.0 Fractal Breakup. Plug the Water Shader into the Child Layer input of that, then set the color of the Surface Layer to black or dark, dark blue.

- Oshyan

Will

Ill try it thanks  ;D
regards,

Will