"Tip Top" Top Tip

Started by The Geostation, January 14, 2007, 06:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Geostation

Hi all,

Sometimes I like working with two TG2 programmes open.   I just noticed that it is possible to transfer individual nodes or whole networks by clicking on the boxes (sometimes needing to alt-leftclick to select multiple boxes) pressing ctrl-c, then going to the other TG2 window and pressing ctrl-v.

TG2 has now scored 12/10 in my estimation (!!).

Best regards,

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Will

Neat, man you must have  beastly box to run 2 TGD at the same time :)
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

The Geostation

Hi Will,

I do, but the tip can apply to any machine - in that you can have two programs open (without rendering) in order to use this tip to transfer nodes from one .tgd to another .tgd.

Best regards,

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Cyber-Angel

I will try that out some time, intresting post subject header "Tip Top Top Tip" almost like "Tip Top, Top Cat" from the closing theme song form the cartoon of the same name.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Will

Where this would be the most helpful is if you created a .tgd file that contained sevral node networks that created seprate desired effects (eg astroyed, caves,ect) that you could import into any scene at any time.

Regards to both of you as well as all those who will post here presently and into the indefinate future ;)

Will

Oshyan

Quote from: Will on January 14, 2007, 08:51:01 AM
Where this would be the most helpful is if you created a .tgd file that contained sevral node networks that created seprate desired effects (eg astroyed, caves,ect) that you could import into any scene at any time.

The easier way to accomplish this is just to save individual .tgc "Terragen Clip" files. You can do this from the File menu after selecting on or more nodes. You can then import a clip file into the current scene also from the File menu.

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

Hi Oshyan,

is there a way to save Groups or Clips with including textures, terrains or objects?

Regards,
V.Harun

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on January 14, 2007, 07:34:55 AM
Neat, man you must have  beastly box to run 2 TGD at the same time :)
If you have a dual core processor, it works very well, just assign each instance of TG2 to its own core and they both run at excellent speeds  :P

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

Hmm I have it on both cores is can it handle that yet?

Regards,

Will

MeltingIce

Quote from: Will on January 19, 2007, 07:36:58 AM
Hmm I have it on both cores is can it handle that yet?

Regards,

Will
Well currently TG2TP doesn't support dual cores so it's only using one of them even though you might be letting it use both cores.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Will

ok then ill swich thanks, Also MeltingIce go check out the support thread there a guy there whos using Sky Emposion and getting trouble.

Oshyan

Quote from: Voulge on January 19, 2007, 06:55:10 AM
Hi Oshyan,

is there a way to save Groups or Clips with including textures, terrains or objects?

Regards,
V.Harun

It depends on what exactly you mean by this. You can save any number of nodes or groups and they will save as a .tgc with all settings intact. However if you are using external .ter, image or object files these will only be *referenced*, they are not *bundled* with the .tgc. Thus if you want to send the .tgc to someone and it includes an object file, for example, then you must also include the object file or it will not load properly on their end.

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

The second one is what I am after  ;)

When using textures from my Folders 'Mayang', 'Stones', 'Plants' and so on, when applying WM-masks from some older T0.9-terrains ... well, when finished, I would just love to archive all stuff.
And of course because I have different Folder-structures at home, at work and on the notebook - nonetheless to tell different files on each calculating-machine.  ;D

I do love the node-structure and making groups. Adding something like 'building a complete archive from group' would make me a perfect day .... errhhh ... week ..... okay .... let us go for decades ;)

Volker Harun

Oshyan

Yes, I understand. We'd like to include some kind of "package all scene files" option in the future, but such a function won't be implemented for some time. In the meantime it's recommended that you move or at least copy all referenced scene files (textures, objects, etc.) to your project working directory for better scene portability.

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

Future is something I can live with. A fast but necessary change would be, that TG2 would save the path to the files relative and not absolut.
If this could be made in one of the following incremental releases, I would more than glad ,-)

Regards,
Volker Harun