was terragen 2 used in house tv series?

Started by lightning, May 04, 2008, 04:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

was watchin house last night and i happened to notice that in the opening scene of this episode's special fx looks remarkably like terragen 2 volumetric clouds terrain etc i ripped the the scene out of the episode heres the link take a look and tell me what you think ;D

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnf0yytmbzu

p.s sorry for the sound quality i had to lower the file wasnt to big

Mohawk20

I agree! Terrain detail isn't high either, so it feels very fammiliar...
Howgh!

Cyber-Angel

Is it just me or are those power-fractals with twist and shear shaders applied to them with some displacement? There, form what I could determine weren't that many surface shaders used on the terrain in that sequence (Hard to say for sure without the TGD file/s) it almost looked like the standard default colors with a snow set up applied form what I could tell.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel         

rcallicotte

It wasn't even that fancy.  I believe you're correct, though.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Definitely looks like TG2. I seem to recall someone working on House with TG2 as well, although I wasn't clear they actually ended up using it in the show...

- Oshyan

lightning

hey thats cool ;D
thats something you can add to the list of what terragen has been used for :)

Oshyan

We usually have to get permission for those, but yes it's something to look into.

- Oshyan

FrankB

... although it doesn't look good enough for a good reference. Apparently they haven't employed an experienced TG2 artist.
(don't mean to step on anyone's feet, though. Just doesn't look good.)

Frank

rcallicotte

Agreed.  At the same time, it's sort of encouraging that someone did this without even that great of a job.

Quote from: FrankB on May 05, 2008, 10:49:50 AM
... although it doesn't look good enough for a good reference. Apparently they haven't employed an experienced TG2 artist.
(don't mean to step on anyone's feet, though. Just doesn't look good.)

Frank
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

JimB

You have to bear in mind that schedules for something like a minimal-vfx TV show can be ridiculously tight. I wouldn't be too hard on the bod who did it, they may have only had a day or two, and the end result may be far more impressive than at first thought if you knew the circumstances.

Some Producers these days can sometimes have a tendency to think they can get King Kong using a college leaver and a copy of Blender in a week.  ;)
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.

buchvecny

well i like it, even tho its not really unleashing even quarter the power new terragen has. However, nice to see it in action.

FrankB

Quote from: JimB on May 05, 2008, 11:47:48 AM
You have to bear in mind that schedules for something like a minimal-vfx TV show can be ridiculously tight. I wouldn't be too hard on the bod who did it, they may have only had a day or two, and the end result may be far more impressive than at first thought if you knew the circumstances.

Some Producers these days can sometimes have a tendency to think they can get King Kong using a college leaver and a copy of Blender in a week.  ;)

Yeah, I'd reckon that's a fair point.