Your Longest Render Time

Started by zionner, May 09, 2008, 12:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all,

A bit bored here, so I thought I'd see what everyones longest render time is, (Random I know)

My longest render time is still rendering accually,  heheh, It's almost done and at 108 hours 11 minutes 22 seconds

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

56ish on TGD and 140-something in terragen classic. Space renders are fast
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

zionner

@ Will: Hmm, TG Classic? wsa it an old PC? Or just a complex scene?

@ Calico: Wha?!?! heheh 700!?

old_blaggard

Is that for single images or animations?  Because if you're talking about animations, it took the equivalent of 3 months of 24/7 rendering (about 2000 hours) for my TG 0.9 animation back in 2006.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

zionner

Whooaaa!! 2000 Hours?!

Also, I was mainly talking about still images, but animations work too :D heheh

Mohawk20

Quote from: old_blaggard on May 09, 2008, 04:50:47 PM
Is that for single images or animations?  Because if you're talking about animations, it took the equivalent of 3 months of 24/7 rendering (about 2000 hours) for my TG 0.9 animation back in 2006.

That's my question as well...
Didn't make the anim that long, but it sure add's a lot! I believe it could actually be a whole month my current anim is running. But that's on 2 pc's both dualcore (so capable of 2 instances of TG2 rendering simultaniously).

Is this rendertime for one instance on one pc?
Howgh!

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Yeah, that was one instance on my 1.5Ghz PowerBook G4 ;).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

zionner

@ Will: Nice!

@ OB: Ouch, that must of been sore ;)

@: Mohawk: I was talking about single images, but long animation times work too :P

Dark Fire

Yeah, there's a huge difference between single images and animations. I think my longest single image has taken around 6 hours (if I can see that it's going to take longer, I reduce the quality), whereas my longest animation has probably taken months (or even years) of non-24/7 rendering...

rcallicotte

I only waited, since I went on vacation, after turning on the render.  I had to wait a few more days after my vacation for it to finish.  Hey, I thought, why not wait?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

crosseout

14 hours:D 2gi surface detail; 1 detail and 3 anti (whatever)... 800x600 scene, so thats why(;

lightning

Seth

i am rendering since 324 hours and 40 minutes right now and is far from being over...