Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit and Terragen 2 Errors

Started by PeterParker, June 01, 2008, 09:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterParker

Have detected several Errors and crashes in the render preview after 7-10 Minutes in working with Terragen 2 on a Vista ultimate 64 bit system.
Heard about a memory leak. When this will be fixed ?

Many regards

Peter

Tangled-Universe

Kevin F

Quote from: PeterParker on June 01, 2008, 09:08:13 AM
Have detected several Errors and crashes in the render preview after 7-10 Minutes in working with Terragen 2 on a Vista ultimate 64 bit system.
Heard about a memory leak. When this will be fixed ?

Many regards

Peter

see - http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2942.msg41931#msg41931

but more to the point - when will this be released? will there be an update for registered users who have TP3 or do we have to wait for the Beta?

Oshyan

The memory leak has been fixed in subsequent internal revisions. We have Vista x64 as a testing target and can ensure that, as a platform, TG2 is compatible with it.

We are currently testing a new build internally to determine the Beta schedule. We plan to make a release soon, whether it is TP4 or Beta. This release will be limited to registered users, as with TP3.

- Oshyan

EBAndrew

I'm not sure if this is *exactly* the same thing, but with my Vista x86 version and running TP3 I get an incredible amount of errors stemming from the render preview and the final renderer as well. I don't remember the specific messages - the preview ones were something regarding a C library, and the final render had something to do with buckets or some such (when I get home I'll try to break it and post the messages).

Figured I'd throw this out there, even though I know it really doesn't help without specific stuff. :P

-edit-

But here they are! At least, some of them. These two I got from the render preview:

An unknown error occured in trBucketRender::RenderMore() ray-traced pass
An unknown error occured in trBucketRender::RenderMore() rasterized pass

...though it repeated them several times in the one error message batch.
-Andrew

Oshyan

Those errors are almost certainly related to the memory leak which will be fixed in the next release.

- Oshyan