first fake stone + planet render

Started by king_tiger_666, January 07, 2007, 05:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tiger_666

this is probably my most complex render so far... and first use of planet objects and fake stone shaders...

downloads http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~rawjdmbj/downloads/render6.zip 120kb

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

crazymonkey

nice work :) stones look good as do the clouds... ;D

rcallicotte

Everything looks good.  I like the atmosphere of the drawing and it feels like I could go out on that ledge and jump into the clouds.  What's underneath them?   :o
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

king_tiger_666

heres another my first render splitting half onto each core of the cpu and then merging in CS2... doesn't look too bad,

download file http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~rawjdmbj/downloads/render9.zip

Ricowan

Nice!  Did you split horizontally or vertically?

Rich

king_tiger_666

vertically

king_tiger_666

heres the final render with this file... rendered in 1 peice 10hrs 40mins

i'll add the terragen file into the same render9.zip file for anyone who dares take interest
http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~rawjdmbj/downloads/render9.zip

rmfrase

What was your ocean/water settings?  I haven't been able to achieve this effect yet...

Thanks

Ricowan

I notice that you are rendering more than 50% of the width in the two renders.  What method did you use to combine them?  This would definately have a benificial effect on the "edges don't match exactly" problem.

Rich

Dark Fire

I would like to know how you combined the images too...

king_tiger_666

i opened each one in paintshop pro and cropped them, and noticed 1 was 1 pixel higher than the other but that was soon fixed with a crop too... i make a blank images the dimensions of both halves conbinned and then copied each half in as seperate layers so they can be selected 1 by 1 and then just lined them up... i know photo shop cs2 has a photo merge but i can't get that working as well...

littlecannon

For people interested in how to join two halves of an image, the easiest way is to render each half with an overlap and then open them in Photoshop. From there you can set up a canvas of the size you want (the size of the 100% render). paste the left image in and then the right image. Line both so they match up and then add a layer mask to the right image layer. Now you can paint away the hard line down the middle using the layer mask and black airbrush. (by painting black onto the layer mask, you make it transparent and able to see through to the layer below). This is very easy and takes about 10 mins if that to do.

Hopes this helps, Simon.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

Dark Fire

I was hoping there might be an easier method that my software could exploit to automatically recombine images from frames that have been split. The methods above both involve human input.

king_tiger_666

if you have photo shop cs2 or elements, then i'd try a simple render then try the photomerge panaramic function and see if that works..