There are no buttons

Started by macrix, June 27, 2008, 05:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macrix

Hello there!

I just installed TG2 Preview and have a quite strange problem. I see no buttons, I can see the File Menu etc. but there are no buttons... If i randomly click around, I can hit them and they still have their functions.

Any ideas?

macrix

macrix

I could solve the problems on my own :)
Installing the .net fx 3 framework helped me out!

CU macrix

Oshyan

Surprising. We don't make use of the .NET framework as far as I know. I would have suggested checking that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date. But as long as it's fixed. :)

- Oshyan

macrix

So I think you're right. Terragen computed a picture over night, I restarted my laptop duo to a blue screen and now, I've got the same problem.
Why did it work yesterday?? My graphics card driver should work, Terragen is the only programm showing these errors.

macrix

jo

Hi macrix,

We don't use .NET, so that won't have been it.

What OS are you using ( XP, Vista etc. )? Are you using any theming software? If not, and you are using XP, what theme are you running ( XP or Classic )?

Regards,

Jo

macrix

I'm using Windows XP with the Classic Theme.

jo

Hi macrix,

Hmm, interesting, I haven't heard of this problem in a long time. Try changing to the XP theme and the back to the Classic theme. If you're still having problems, updating your graphics card drivers might do the trick.

Regards,

Jo

macrix

Thanks, that helped me out for this time. I hope I got rid of that problem.
Let's try to get some images rendered :)

mfg
macrix

macrix

Hey there,

I want to reactivate this thread.

Switching the XP Theme solves the "No buttons" phenomen.
Everytime I restart my computer, I have to do this. Does anyone know a workaround to finally get rid of that?

Greetings,
macrix

jo

Hi Macrix,

So when you start up you're using the Classic theme?

Regards,

Jo