Need some help with Atmosphere settings

Started by dhavalmistry, January 22, 2007, 12:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I was wondering how do I make the atmosphere of the upper planet glow like the one of the lower planet.....

plz help...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Will

Perhaps make the atompshere of the planet on the tome bigger (its in the internal network)

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

§ardine

Yes Will, I think that may help here a little to make it further off the surface.

dhavalmistry, also be aware that you have the sun very close to the horizon of the first planet and thus you have a different angle that the sun is hitting the second.

You may also want to compare your other atmospheric settings on both planets.

~sardine

Will

also he could add anouther sun the near the horizion of the top planet but not make the disk visable.

Regards,

Will

§ardine

Quote from: Will on January 22, 2007, 02:12:13 PM
also he could add anouther sun the near the horizion of the top planet but not make the disk visable.

Regards,

Will

hmm interesting, I didn't think of that -good idea Will

Dark Fire

Quote from: Will on January 22, 2007, 02:12:13 PM

Regards,

Will
That's a clever little tip...

dhavalmistry

Quote from: Will on January 22, 2007, 01:15:49 PM
Perhaps make the atompshere of the planet on the tome bigger (its in the internal network)

Regards,

Will

I am sorry I didnt quiet understand what you are trying to say but I tried raising Haze and bluesky height and it didnt quiet make any difference

I am uploading a copy of my tgd file for you guys to look at

gradient

Changing the angular diameter to zero and disabling the disc visibility for the sun will not work.  No light will emanate from the sun.
Any, even a very small setting of angular diameter will result in an appearance of the second sun due to the glow....unless you turn haze and bluesky glow amounts to zero.

Will

Quote from: gradient on January 23, 2007, 12:35:52 AM
Changing the angular diameter to zero and disabling the disc visibility for the sun will not work.  No light will emanate from the sun.
Any, even a very small setting of angular diameter will result in an appearance of the second sun due to the glow....unless you turn haze and bluesky glow amounts to zero.

I don't understand what your saying, You don't need to see the sun to get like to emante from it.
also Im looking into the .tgd
Regards,

Will

dhavalmistry

Jane

Wow, whatever you did, that is one amazing picture!  I like it.
Jane ;D

Will

Hey, sorry its taking em so long I had class and just got back, Ill get working on it right away.

Regards,

Will

gradient

@Will...try setting your sun angular diameter to zero and uncheck disc visibility....you will see what happens...

Will

well im suggesting (and currently testing) that you just uncheck the visable box but leave the disk visablity intact. But ill try it and see what happens. Im not questioning you just trying to help dhavalmistry.

Regards,

Will

3DGuy

I think people here are missing the obvious. The second planet has no atmosphere. Since the object resulting from "add object->planet " doesn't have an atmosphere input node, just copy/paste the existing planet, move it into position, copy/paste the existing atmosphere shader to get a new one and connect that one upto the new planet.