weird node panel: text does not appear

Started by chaps, July 04, 2008, 04:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaps

Hi,

I am experiencing some trouble with my new PC.

I am using a laptop with windows XP Prof. service Pack 2 on Intel double core Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.8 GHz and 1Gb RAM.

The version of TG2 is Preview 2 build 1.9.04.1

When I open TG2, or any file the node panel shows the graphic properly, but all the texts are "spread" over the panel. Zoom, pan, change text... does not solve the problem.

the next image shows how it appears on the screen (only the node panel).

Hope you can give a workaround for this problem.

Pascal

chaps

Hi,
I try to give some complementary informations.

If I click on the node panel icon, the node panel is streched out, an the fuzzy dots are flickering while I move the mouse over the Node panel, and becomes from time to time readable. As soon as the mouse is outside the Node panel, it remains stabe (readable or not depending of the last state). If i come baback to render tab, the same behaviour continues, but the node panel becomes frozen and fuzzy as soon as I change the windows size, tab ... I have tried to get frozen in the right state witout success.
I also re-install TG2, same behavior.
For the moment, it is un usable.

I am still looking for some help. If you need more information, please let me know what could help.

Pascal.

PS: after one reboot of my laptop (i do this only once or twice a month :-\) it seems to work again  ???

Matt

With Windows I would recommend rebooting much more often than once a month, especially if it is a laptop that is repeatedly suspended or hibernated. Closing a laptop, suspending it or even hibernating it isn't always 100% reliable with some laptops, and graphics memory can suffer from problems. Having said that, there are some user interface bugs in 1.9.04.1 that have been addressed in recent updates which were available to Deep pre-purchasers. We will bring the free non-commercial edition up to date with these bug fixes soon.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Oshyan

You may also want to double-check that your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Parts of the interface use OpenGL and this can cause corruption if the system's OpenGL setup is not correct.

- Oshyan