Need some help with Atmosphere settings

Started by dhavalmistry, January 22, 2007, 12:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

3Dguy it does but he disconnected it in the internal network. Ive connected it and trying again.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Will

ok so this is what i've come up with, I tryed using my idea with the other sun and it seemed to work but you can see a small disk though the amosphere, Also I couldn't get the halo around the planet but you could try making the ceiling larger.

Regards,

Will

gradient

@Will...I guess you confirmed what I said before...
"Any, even a very small setting of angular diameter will result in an appearance of the second sun due to the glow"

Will

yea like you said but I guess you could get rid of it in photoshop if we can't come up with anouther way to help him.

Regards,

Will

dhavalmistry

thanx guys...you ppl are really helpful...

so this thing cant be done without the second sun?
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

3DGuy

The difference between the bottom and the top planet is that you're just in the atmosphere of the bottom planet and hence the atmospheric glow is very visible. The top planet doesn't have less glow, it' just far away and you're not in the atmosphere itself. I think this is the problem you're facing. It's probably unrealistic to expect the top planet to glow as much as the bottom one with the current view.

Or I'm understanding this all wrong :P

Will

yea I know thats why I said he could make the ceiling a lot heigher but you guys can feel free to play with it ;)

Regards,

Will

3DGuy

I did it the way I described earlier and raised the atmosphere ALOT and ended up with this.
Haze exp height 40000
Bluesky  exp height 80000

Disabled some stuff to speed up the render, like the clouds.

Will

Nice, beats my idea. Good job :)

Regards,

Will

dhavalmistry

Quote from: 3DGuy on January 23, 2007, 06:00:02 PM
I did it the way I described earlier and raised the atmosphere ALOT and ended up with this.
Haze exp height 40000
Bluesky  exp height 80000

Disabled some stuff to speed up the render, like the clouds.

Nice going 3DGuy...now can you help me out with what changes you made to the scene so that I can achieve similar effect too (i.e. if willing to)  ;)

Thanx

3DGuy

Basically, select your second planet "yellow", goto the internal network and reconnect the atmosphere to the cloudlayer's input. Doubleclick the atmosphere node (of the yellow planet) and then set the haze exp to 40000 and bluesky exp to 80000. Also the haze density was turned down to 0 like in your main planet.

What I did in this picture was just clone the main planet and moved it to where your planet was (copied the coordinates, and size). Then copy/pasted the atmosphere of planet 1 and connected it to the planetcopy and made the above adjustments. Don't forget to remove or disable your yellow planet if following the last option :P

dhavalmistry

Thanx 3DGUY....Its been great help from you and all others.

I've uploaded the final version of the render with some tweaks...I hope you like it

§ardine

Hey, that works!
Nice job on the clouds to btw.

Will