TechnologyPreview

Started by normhol, August 02, 2008, 03:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

normhol

I upgraded from T2 to the Preview version and have it crash no matter what I do. I have uninstalled and reinstalled five times and it still crashes. Now I can't find the T2 version. Help.
Norm

PG

What is it that you're actually doing at the time that it crashes, also could you post some info about your system?
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

normhol

It crashed when I moved the navigation circle, when I manually zoomed in and out, when I added the fake stone shader and adjusted the settings in surface layer breakup.
I have a Pentium 4, 512 DDR soon to install 2 gig more, ATI 9600 Video card, 128 Ram, Asus HD 120 gig.
If the new update keeps crashing, how do I get the previous version back so I can at least do something?
I'm not a  computer expert, just muddling along.

jo

Hi Norm,

That's rather odd behaviour to say the least. I think Oshyan's on holiday this week, so in his place the first I would suggest is to make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.

Regards,

Jo

normhol

Thanks...I'll try again after the memory cards are installed.
Norm.

PG

Just something I thought of from an old problem, could you try to make the program crash again but this time with Task manager running, showing the kernel times under the view menu when in the performance tab and post a screenshot of task manager after TG crashes.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

normhol

I have now have 2 Gig DDRM and am having the same problem.
I do Htflds Gen and use the Nav Wheel to make a scene. I then put in some colours in Basic Col and add a Layer.
As soon as I dbl click on the layer node, I get the "notify" popup and ...good-bye.
Here are a couple of screen shots of the Task Mgrs when the crash occurs.
As I am not all that computer-wise, I hope this helps.
Norm.

nikita

Which version of windows is that?

normhol

Oshyan

Do you have any detail on the crash - does it indicate any "module" name/number, or any other information? Did you update your graphics drivers as Jo suggested?

- Oshyan

normhol

Oshyan...Please see "Stuck" thread.

Oshyan

Probably better to keep troubleshooting of your issue to this thread. But it's interesting that this is now the second Windows 2000 system that crashes in similar circumstances. I will do some Win2k testing this week and try to determine if it is an operating system issue.

- Oshyan

normhol

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Norm.

Chinaski

Hi all,

Same problem here, with build 1.9.99.1 (free non-commercial version) of TG2, running on a Windows 2000 system Bi-Pentium III station. Crash crash crash and crash again. Sometimes on launch, or when I move camera, add a node, delete a node, open a node, edit a node, etc. Just can't use it. :/

By the way, build 1.9.99.1 installation (in a new folder) destroy older version of TG2 (tech preview 2 free non-commercial edition).

nb: Please excuse my bad english.
You don't understand me ? That's normal, I don't speak english.