Williamsburg, Virginia WIP

Started by gregsandor, July 26, 2008, 04:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

Cool.  Now I'm curious about the history.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

You did a nice job on these.  With a little more postwork, these could look like those old thick photographs...you know, the ones that are sort of slightly brown?  Good work.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

gregsandor

I've modeled a dozen buildings since my last post and refined the site terrains, plus now have a pretty good universal shader setup.

Here is the Powder Magazine and its Guard house.

Mohawk20

Looks good (apart from the render errors).
How much RAM do you have? Could that explain the missing polys?
Howgh!

gregsandor

Digging into the model I find that there are 5 sided polys (introduced when I bevelled the cutouts for the windows and doors.  -- rendering again now.  :)

gregsandor

Fixed the bad polys:

moodflow

very nice model!  I like the displacements on the surface.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

N810

Wow that model is very historically and Architecturally accurate.
You even got the dormers right.  ;D
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

gregsandor

Quote from: N810 on January 26, 2009, 11:46:48 AM
Wow that model is very historically and Architecturally accurate.
You even got the dormers right.  ;D

Then you're going to love it when you see the decorative rubbed brick shader I'm texturing right now. :)

gregsandor

Finally got the overlay shader to work proplerly:  I have a set of 15 basic shaders for the entire city, and these plug into the input channel of a shader for details specific to individual buildings (saves a lot of overhead to only hav to modify and add one or two building-specific shaders. :)

gregsandor

More views

gregsandor

Update.  Testing new buildings (just finished nice versions of the Powder Magazine and Courthouse) and experimenting with adding humans.  

Henry Blewer

Holy work in progress batman!  :o    I am glad you have continued with this project. I missed it somehow...

Looks quite promising. It will really start to pop when you flesh out the scenes with more plants and objects. People would be nice also, but I would get the rest ready before adding too many.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

QuoteI have a set of 15 basic shaders for the entire city, and these plug into the input channel of a shader for details specific to individual buildings (saves a lot of overhead to only hav to modify and add one or two building-specific shaders.
That is a very smart idea. It probably saves on memory as well? I had memory problems when doing Winter Town (more than a hundred buildings + their individual shaders) But it only works for 'basic' textures, I guess, brick, roofs, etc.