Watchmen

Started by rcallicotte, July 18, 2008, 12:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

yeah i saw the trailer for this when i saw batman dark knight which was awful ::)
those blue guys look kinda corny they have stupid faces but apart from that it looks cool i like the music in the trailer :)

rcallicotte

I agree about Dark Knight.  I never thought the movie would end, which in this case wasn't a great thing.  Really flippin' depressing.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Dark Knight was awesome. You guys are crazy and the rest of the world agrees with me. ;)

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

I wouldn't have missed it, but I'm pretty sure the reason it did as well is due to Heath. 

lightning

Quote from: Oshyan on August 12, 2008, 02:37:26 AM
Dark Knight was awesome. You guys are crazy and the rest of the world agrees with me. ;)

- Oshyan
i thought it was way over rated the only good bits were with the joker and there wernt enough i found
the movie just went on and on and on.....
and when batman spoke he sounded so stupid
batman begins is a way better movie

rcallicotte

I like "Batman Begins" a lot more.  It seemed more believable overall. 

lightning

yeah me to it was a lot better storyline ae

Oshyan

Disagree on all points except that batman's voice *is* a bit overdone. Otherwise Dark Knight trumps Batman Begins in most respects IMO. And sure Ledger's death had something to do with the popularity, but there's no way it is responsible for all of it, probably not even the majority. It was tremendously anticipated even before Ledger died, and the advertising campaign was also very strong.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

@Oshyan - Are you going to see "Watchmen", when it comes out?

lightning

the watchmen looks way better than batman anyway.
i used to read these comics a few years ago and i loved them! the watchmen and the sandman are my all time favorite comics!

smashing pumpkins so suites this trailer as well i love there dark Gothic style of music ;D

Oshyan

Yeah I'll see Watchmen. Never read the graphic novel - actually funny enough I rather dislike comics and am not that into graphic novels either, though I don't doubt Watchmen is very good. As for the Watchmen trailer, I honestly thought it was kind of hokey - I mean there was a guy that looks like a crappy version of Batman for god's sake. ;) But I'll see it, yes.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Me too.  There are some other rather odd movies coming out in the next 6 months that could be good.  Or not.   :P

Quote from: Oshyan on August 16, 2008, 12:08:24 AM
But I'll see it, yes.

- Oshyan