Bad News

Started by zionner, August 14, 2008, 08:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey All,

Uhm, For the time being I wont be doing anymore Renders or Projects inside Terragen 2. As I've recently had problems with my computer, and I eventually had to do a Factory Reset, so I've lost all of my Terragen 2 Renders, and all of the Projects I've done ine Terragen 2.

I'll still be checking in to see all of your pictures ;)

Zionner

reck

Ah sorry to hear that. But why won't you be doing any more renders for a while? You could get your system up and running with Terragen 2 within a day or two and by the weekend start to render new projects in terragen :)

zionner

Quote from: reck on August 14, 2008, 08:23:03 AM
Ah sorry to hear that. But why won't you be doing any more renders for a while? You could get your system up and running with Terragen 2 within a day or two and by the weekend start to render new projects in terragen :)

Yeah I understand I could, but I've been lacking in imagination in my recent Renders, and they've been pretty unimpressive, so i've decided for the time to stop.

moodflow

Similar things have happened to me - computer crashes, lack of inspiration.  It does mean some time off is in order...For me, I took a couple of weeks off and came back with a renewed interest.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

rcallicotte

zionner, there are plenty of files around here to give you a good boot (oh, I mean boost).   ;D  Like Volker's tutorial (and files) or nvseal's tutorial or moodflows or any one of a number of helpful people here.  Need inspiration?  Just check out Seth's work or Moodflow's or TU's or look at some of the things people have done in the public displays on the main Terragen page.

Goof around with it.  Just have fun. 

Good luck.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Even though you've reformatted, a good data recovery tool may also still be able to recover some of your old files. I recommend R-Studio.

- Oshyan

zionner

Quote from: Oshyan on August 15, 2008, 11:53:55 PM
Even though you've reformatted, a good data recovery tool may also still be able to recover some of your old files. I recommend R-Studio.

- Oshyan

Thanks Oshyan, I'll try that :)