Node network

Started by EmDee1, January 25, 2007, 04:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmDee1

Wouldn't it be handy when you could toggle between a full screen display of the node network and the regular interface? When I'm working in Terragen, I'm trying to understand what's happening in the node network at the same time. At the moment it's not possible to get a larger overall view of it. You can scroll and zoom of course and enlarge it twice, but still you don't get the whole survey. Maybe something for the (near) future?
Then: in the preview window you can read out the x, y, z and slope numbers, but what does the V mean
that appears when you move around in that window. Does V mean "View"? So it has to do with camera?
Finally: when I import an lwo-object sphere in Terragen and make a population with it, it works ok. (same for other objects by the way: trees, bushes, grasses, etc.)
But when I make a population with the Terragen lwo-object sphere it doesn't work; preview instances
are there, population is above the surface, scale not too small, color vivid green, but when I render:
no spheres there. Maybe I'm a bore now: why bother since imported objects work allright, but I just want to understand... :-\

MeltingIce

Quote from: EmDee1 on January 25, 2007, 04:11:13 PM
Wouldn't it be handy when you could toggle between a full screen display of the node network and the regular interface? When I'm working in Terragen, I'm trying to understand what's happening in the node network at the same time. At the moment it's not possible to get a larger overall view of it. You can scroll and zoom of course and enlarge it twice, but still you don't get the whole survey. Maybe something for the (near) future?
Then: in the preview window you can read out the x, y, z and slope numbers, but what does the V mean
that appears when you move around in that window. Does V mean "View"? So it has to do with camera?
Finally: when I import an lwo-object sphere in Terragen and make a population with it, it works ok. (same for other objects by the way: trees, bushes, grasses, etc.)
But when I make a population with the Terragen lwo-object sphere it doesn't work; preview instances
are there, population is above the surface, scale not too small, color vivid green, but when I render:
no spheres there. Maybe I'm a bore now: why bother since imported objects work allright, but I just want to understand... :-\
Actually it is possible, just click the "Node Network" tab at the top right  ;)

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

Volker Harun

The sphere's topic is here: http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=606.0 ;D

I think 'V' is for vector. VY and VHeight might be Height above terrain and absolut height. But I am not too sure about that.

Volker

EmDee1

MeltingIce, yes I know there's that tab, but you "only" get the Node Network enlarged to the right part of the screen. That's not too bad of course, but you still don't get an overall and readeable view of the Node Network. I want to be able to see the whole plan of the Network in one view. Thanks nevertheless!
Voulge, thanks to you also, I'm going after that topic.

MeltingIce

Quote from: EmDee1 on January 25, 2007, 05:21:34 PM
MeltingIce, yes I know there's that tab, but you "only" get the Node Network enlarged to the right part of the screen. That's not too bad of course, but you still don't get an overall and readeable view of the Node Network. I want to be able to see the whole plan of the Network in one view. Thanks nevertheless!
Voulge, thanks to you also, I'm going after that topic.

Ah, I guess the resolution of your monitor doesn't let you see the entire node network that well.  The node network has the same controls as the camera does however, if you alt + left click in the node preview, you can move around and if you do alt + middle click, you can zoom in and out, allowing you to see the entire node graph.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

moodflow

I'd like to be able to see the node network as 100% of the window.  The only other thing I use (and its just to set the camera) is the preview window.  Everything else is done in the node network.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music