Caustics Shader + Shallow Water Shader

Started by dandelO, August 17, 2008, 10:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arisdemos

Thank you for the tgd dandelO the terrain is much closer to what I am attempting and I believe it might make things easier for me. I really like the resulting caustics on your stones, now if you can only get more of the light show spread out. good luck with this addition to tg reality.

dandelO

No matter, I'm an idiot.

Oshyan

Values above one will generally be clipped, although I think if they're feeding a shader that is then interpreting it at a lower intensity it may be able to extract an unclipped range from it.

- Oshyan

arisdemos

Any help with your caustics procedure in my image will be welcome. I am working on the file that I submitted in the tg2 discussion section on Aug. 8th, and will shortly put up the reworked version with greater terrain and water detail. The water transparency has improved to the point that I can now consider attempting your caustic effect. I will probably import your fake stone clip into this image instead of the rocks that are presently being used, and then will begin to reverse engineer your clips and tgd to get my head around this using the data you have provided us on this thread. Thanks will get back with you on this.

arisdemos

I am sorry I need to correct something I just posted. The image file I mentioned was put up on Aug. 9th and was in the image sharing section, and that will be where I put any future WIP on this project.

dandelO

No matter, I'm an idiot.