Node navigation

Started by AlexPorter, August 22, 2008, 12:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexPorter

I couldn't find this in the documentation, but is there a method to navigating through the node window other than zooming in and out?  Sometimes i cant easily select nodes that are too to the side.

Sorry for misspelling, I just had arm surgery today :)

any help greatly sppreciated.

-Alex

Oshyan

Yes, in the default configuration if you hold Alt and click and drag with the left mouse button in the node network view it should "pan" around the network. You can also find a reference for the current mouse and keyboard settings by going to the Help menu and choosing Mouse and Key Settings. I hope that answers your question.

- Oshyan

AlexPorter

yes! ty. now i just need to find a way to press alt and drag the mouse with i arm.  time for the ol' chopstick in mouth.

Oshyan

Oh! Well, the current public releases do have mouse and key customization capability that should allow you to create a system that works for your situation. Go to Edit->Preferences and then Input Settings. On the right choose Custom from the Input Presets dropdown, then press Customize Bindings. You should be able to sort it out from there.

- Oshyan

jo

Hi Alex,

You can see all the possible interactions by choosing the Mouse and Key Settings item in the Help menu. The dialog which opens shows all the interactions for various parts of the app. I hope your arm recovers quickly.

Regards,

Jo

AlexPorter

thanks for the prompt response.
This is my first terragen purchase and i can tell it is amazing already