Planet Earth

Started by BPauba, May 06, 2007, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Quotethis series has been out friggen ages!

Yup, that's one of the(only) benefits of living in the UK though, we see all the BBC stuff first time round, and BBC know their nature shows. Like I say, I'm on my 3rd run of this series, I first saw it on the BBC though, before it made it to Discovery.

'The Blue Planet' is fantastic aswell.

On the subject of the BBC, try and have a look at the BBC 'Building The Great Pyramid'. Here it is on youtube broken into segments, you'll really want to see it on your own TV though to fully appreciate it. http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AJWrlYIf-Bw
It is a couple of years old aswell but, still stunning, none the less! All from the help of a little plumb-bob, apparently. Beat that, Modern-Man!

Edit: There's a striking resemblance to the TG2 logo at the start of part 6 of this! :)

Muied Lumens

Quote from: Inscrutable on May 07, 2007, 05:03:47 AM
Being British does have one or two advantages (okay - 2 may be pushing it!), in that we've already had the opportunity to see this series.  I have to say that it is absolutely amazing.  The camera work is stunning to say the least.
Living in Bristol (where BBC nature is located) has an extra advantage - a few years ago they showed lots of additional/unused footage from The Blue Planet in a music festival here, with music from eminent DJ' in a blacked out tent - it was absolutely amazing!