first fake stone + planet render

Started by king_tiger_666, January 07, 2007, 05:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fire

That sounds good and fairly automated - I'll try it when I have time...

Volker Harun

As soon as a render is finished or aborted, you find a copy of it in your temporary-files (if checked). Also there is a mask you can use to cut off the blacks.

Volker

king_tiger_666

a little experiment with this render and probably last time I'll use it... got the idea from here
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=485.0

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

§ardine

I need to get some 3d glasses with all these anaglyph images being made 8)

king_tiger_666

i might make a few more... they seem semi good. just need to render two images = lots of rendering

Njen

I am working on an Imax stereoscopic animated feature at the moment and this thread reminds me too much of work...hehe.

But my office does have a mini theatre with stereoscopic cameras so we can have a look at our shots, and it's pretty sweet. I had a really quick look at a couple of images in this thread on the screen and it looks cool.

Will

...lucky.... ;)  Yes theres got to be a better way though, we need a plug in that can do all this in a single rendered image. or a way of compling to two shot before the render.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

king_tiger_666

yeah i saw that Callipygian 3D also does stereoscopic images...when i started rendering this pic today.. got to use a steroscope quite a bit during my degrees in some ways it provides a much better 3d affect though it all depends on who the viewer is.. try tutoring 40+ people with them at the same time:( lol....

still it would be cool to see how a teragen render looks under one though....

littlecannon

Yep... these anaglyphs are good fun... it would be good to have a short cut, but unless there is a way to do this in one render (I don't think there is). There are apps that do the anaglyph part, but that's the easiest and quickest bit, so it's not much help. You could always run to TG2s together rendering the 2 shots simultaneously, but this would be more feasible when TG2 has been optimised.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

king_tiger_666

i guess this will be more of an experiment than actual renders specifically for this effect unless they are small renders like this one which don't require endless amounts of ram , since then i can use 2 pcs to render it:D 1hr 50mins on each pc to render this one today...:D...

Dark Fire

Quote from: littlecannon on January 27, 2007, 05:15:09 AM
Yep... these anaglyphs are good fun... it would be good to have a short cut, but unless there is a way to do this in one render (I don't think there is).
There is currently no way that I know of to create that effect in a single render, and if there was it probably would take just as long as doing them seperately anyway.

king_tiger_666

ok i don't know why i didn't think of this before but using Callipygian 3d you only need to render 1 image and add the same one as left and right side. when you go to preview the anaglyph it will just look like the original image until you alter the bottom slide.. just tried it and i came up with this... looks very close to the one i posted previously which used 2 rendered images

old_blaggard

Interesting... I've really got to get myself some 3D glasses.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on January 29, 2007, 05:14:43 AM
ok i don't know why i didn't think of this before but using Callipygian 3d you only need to render 1 image and add the same one as left and right side. when you go to preview the anaglyph it will just look like the original image until you alter the bottom slide.. just tried it and i came up with this... looks very close to the one i posted previously which used 2 rendered images
Wow! I thought that Callipygian had potential for some interesting stuff...

Rob Allen

I was wondering what you used to do the lens-flare in your second scene?  I normally use solarcell to do post-processing sun effects but it doesn't have any lens-flare effects.