Get clouds in the sky in focus and very define

Started by patrick, October 09, 2008, 10:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick

I made several renders of sky and clouds , which look fine but it seems that the clouds lacks definition and especially look out of  focus , no sharp enough even when render at best res settings .

Any suggestions

Thanks

Patrick :)

RArcher

Best bet would be to post an image or two so we can see exactly what you mean.  There are so many different factors and options with the clouds, without seeing an example it would be very difficult to suggest exactly what to change to give you the results you are looking for.  My best guess without any information would be to increase edge sharpness or mess around with the settings in the density fractal to add additional smaller scale details.

PG

Unfortunately it is hard to avoid the blurriness in clouds without altering the shape of the cloud, edge sharpness will alter the shape. Increasing or decreasing light exposure on the camera node a little bit depending on the main contrast of your clouds can help reign in the definition a bit I've found. Removing enviro light helps a bit too I think but you'll have to do some tweaking to get the luminosity back.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures