Rendering Bug

Started by DeathTwister, November 11, 2008, 09:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathTwister

Hi guys,

Humm could not find a bug area like there used to be I thought, Oh well this will do.  OK downloaded the new build yesterday and started playing with it.  Seemed to be faster, smoother and more stable I thought at first, still do really but here is what happened.

I created a Low poly render to check out the basic Layout before the final render witch was going to be 1400X896 with detail at 1.2 and anti at 3.2  nothing huge or anything.

as I said simple, some grass, poppies, and a few trees around the Pavilion.  So then OK I am ready to do the full render and started it and went to bed.  Well I got up this morning and this is what I found on my screen.  Wow did it bum me out as I was really liking this one.  Here is what I awoke to this morning.

OK so unless someone can tell me what I did wrong which I doubt, this is a render bug of some kind and is there any way I can send you any logs or anything on this since I was asleep when it happened? Where is it kept?

Other then that so far I was having fun again with TG2.

DeathTwister   aka Maylock
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

Oshyan

It might help to see a larger version of the 2nd image. Did you get any render errors in the TG2 error window?

I would also recommend against using detail levels above 1.2 (which would actually be considered "huge") as it is almost always unnecessary and only increases render time without much (or any) benefit. Using decimal values for antialiasing is probably not a good idea either. AA of 6 might be a good place to start.

- Oshyan

DeathTwister

Hay bro,

Well your right kinda, I took the detail down and the anti-aliasing down to 3, then turned off the  GI details which were on somehow as I did not intend to use it on this render and rendered it out finally, but there is a bug I think with the GI surface detail as once I took that off it rendered out pretty fast and did a good job.  I just posted it on Rendo and looks fantastic. It should have been ok, the old version would have let me do that, so I dunno bro?????

Thanks for getting back Oshyan been a while since I have seen you.

Oh Oshyan bro FYI: Lots of people have contacted me to say they love Texturesourse very much and are planning to add to the library soon.  They found me and got all excited bout it and it made me feel good inside that you and I set that that site up, even if it is not used much, those that are using it, Love it allot.

DT aka Maylock
ATOMIX Productions

Oshyan

Are you sure this same scene would have rendered previously with GI Surface Details enabled? It is a very demanding option and could be solely responsible for the issue here. Considering the grass, rough surface, and water, as well as the high detail level, it's not surprising it caused a problem. But that is not necessarily a bug - it's just a very processor-and-memory-intensive setting (and consequently not advisable to use often).

However if you can verify it renders in a previous version with the *same* settings, that would be something to look into.

- Oshyan

DeathTwister

Arg, lololol  hahaha Yep I will do that for ya soon Oshyan, but I am deep in L3DT 2 Multiverse right now with issues I am trying to figure out. so I need to solve those problems first, then try it on an older version on another comp.  It is easier to work with then that dang Atlas /giggles, but still.......  Need a few days to get to now.  Didn't realize I would run into trouble and I think you may just be right with all the grass as I did not use grass in the other ones like this I used the GI on, but I am curious as well so need a few days then will try it.

Here is what the finished render came out like though while I find the time to do the test.

It came out looking pretty good I thought all in all.

DT
ATOMIX Productions

Oshyan

Yeah, it looks nice. :)

- Oshyan

DeathTwister

Hay bro,

Wow thanks very much. I will try and get to that test this weekend, but hard with so much on my plate.  But I am curious as well so I will get it done.
DT
ATOMIX Productions