Left, Right, Left or is it Right, Left, Right?

Started by rcallicotte, November 18, 2008, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PG

Try looking at it cross-eyed. It seems to judder about for me, almost coming to a standstill on many occassions. Just wondered how it affects those who see it going anti clockwise.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

dandelO

Clockwise first then both.
If you blink at regular 1 rotation intervals you can make her go in reverse automatically. If you blink really fast she does the Can-Can-Kitty-Kitty-Can-Can! :D

rcallicotte

But, Will, what if one eye's receptors are clearer or stronger?  Wouldn't that interpretation skew the results for the brain?   ;D

Quote from: Will on November 19, 2008, 02:52:45 PM
It has nothing to do with which eye is stronger. It has to do with how you interpret depth in a negative (or I guess in this case empty) space. Since its only a 2D image without any detail besides a silhouette your brain has to guessimate on what is in front and what is in back.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dark Fire

Whaaa? For me, it was initially clockwise, but that changed when I looked at it upside-down briefly. Now I can see both. But clockwise completely conflicts with the side of my brain that I most use, because I'm a CompSci.
Or maybe the left side of my brain is just worn out.
The Magners could be having an effect too... :P

Will

Quote from: calico on November 20, 2008, 09:10:30 AM
But, Will, what if one eye's receptors are clearer or stronger?  Wouldn't that interpretation skew the results for the brain?   ;D

Quote from: Will on November 19, 2008, 02:52:45 PM
It has nothing to do with which eye is stronger. It has to do with how you interpret depth in a negative (or I guess in this case empty) space. Since its only a 2D image without any detail besides a silhouette your brain has to guessimate on what is in front and what is in back.

Not really, I mean all you really need to see this thing is two bit color depth so I would say its entirely up to your brain, I don't think it has anything to do with which eye is stronger, or which eye sees it first.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

cyphyr

Try moving your finger in front of the screen in the opposite way to how you see her spinning :D
She should switch direction.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

efflux

The test is probably flawed. Whether right or left brain we are used to seeing some things turn clockwise i.e. clocks.