B5 Narn G'Quan Heavy Cruiser

Started by Ogre, December 05, 2008, 01:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre

Just uploaded a model of the Narn cruiser over at Ashundar.  Should be available as soon as OB approves it.

approved   http://www.ashundar.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item466
"If you find me feeding daisies
please turn my face up to the sky and leave me be watching the moon roll by.
What ever I was it was all because I've been on the town washing the BS down."

-Gordon Lightfoot

Mohawk20

It could do with some more reflectiveness, but the model itself looks great, you really put a lot of work into this, and it shows!
Howgh!

Ogre

Quote from: Mohawk20 on December 05, 2008, 02:31:28 PM
It could do with some more reflectiveness, but the model itself looks great, you really put a lot of work into this, and it shows!

Yup a little more needed. I shy away from reflectivity until the final render. My laptop SLOWS down..........People can adjust that themselves. Thanks for the comment.

-Gordon Lightfoot

Ogre

-Gordon Lightfoot

Matt

If you're using the reflectivity setting on a Default Shader, it shouldn't slow things down. If you use the Reflective Shader, you can keep it fast by disabling ray-traced reflections.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Ogre

Thanks Matt.  i've stayed away from any reflectivity for awhile because of issues in early tech preview releases or misconceptions on my part. I should start using it more. Thanks.

-Gordon Lightfoot

Mandrake

I don't know Ogre, you may want to stay away from, all the condiments, just because it makes the tgos much heavier, to download.

Mr_Lamppost

I like it with a non reflective finish, too much specular reflection often makes things look like cheap plastic toys.  Even the original B5 scenes often suffered from this.  That said almost all surfaces have a very small amount of specular reflection.

When you are thinking of render times remember that there are two types of reflectivity available within TG2.  The specular component of the default shader will produce glossy highlights and has little or no affect on render times.  Actual mirror like reflections require the addition of a reflective shader with ray traced reflections enabled, this quite definitely has an effect on render time particularly if "Soft" reflections are used. 

P.S.  many thanks for the excellent model. 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Cyber-Angel

You've got to remember the times in which Babylon 5 was made which was on Commodore Amiga computers using vary early versions of Lightwave well before it had Radiosity, in those days it was pure ray-tracing back then and it was a real job to prevent graphics at that time form looking like plastic which many of them did back then, how times have changed.  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel