Where's the Plants???

Started by buzzzzz1, February 10, 2009, 05:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz1

Quoted from: Stewart Mcsherry back in December 08

The news from us - please look very shortly for all our models in TG2 format as a set of lowcost DVDs.  it has been slow coming but it will be out in January.  Well where are they?

We have been very supportive of Terragen, and close friends with Matt, and we want to see everyone able to easily use our models inside Terragen.   Yeah well, first you have to make them available and affordable

stewart mcsherry
ceo | xfrog inc.
503 boccaccio ave
venice ca 90291
310 933 5949

I checked the site and nothing yet?  :'(   I'm sure they could get a fair amount of business from Us, don't you? But then again, maybe they don't need our measly few dollars . Who knows?  I guess it's not a good idea to spit out dates around here, eh? LOL
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Seth

dates are cursed ^^
that will be a good idea to have some new models in TG2 format...

Tangled-Universe

Did you already try sending him a private message Jay?
This should give him an email notification and thus get his attention to this.

schmeerlap

I thought at the time he made this announcement that he might have been hoping that the final release of T2 would be announced in January and the Xfrog DVDs would coincide with that event (which never happened). But that was just me reading between the lines. He was right in some of what he said though; "it has been slow coming".

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

rcallicotte

I expected these soon.  Hopefully politics haven't entered the picture and we can soon enjoy the wonders of cool plants again.  It was one thing to kill off Lightning (with his cool plants and excellent craftsmanship) and another thing to do that while not providing a decent replacement.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: calico on February 11, 2009, 08:33:23 AM
I expected these soon.  Hopefully politics haven't entered the picture and we can soon enjoy the wonders of cool plants again.  It was one thing to kill off Lightning (with his cool plants and excellent craftsmanship) and another thing to do that while not providing a decent replacement.

Ehmmm...Calico...I don't know and don't want to sound harsh but it seems you've missed the essence of the extreme (long) discussion regarding Lightning's plants etc.? Or am I mistaking? In the end it didn't turn out to be craftmanship but violating the license of the model(s)(er).

I certainly agree with you that after putting Lightning on non-active they should have come with a replacement. It seemed they had plans for this, but as Jay started: where are they?

rcallicotte

It wasn't just his using already created plants, but his modification of these plants that made them excellent.  I own xFrog plants and these are okay, but what Lightning did was make them look better.  His grass was the best we had ever seen, before he came along.

So, yes, I know about the whole mess.  But, that's why I'm mentioning it now - we had plants and now we could have plants at a reasonable price as we were told, if xFrog comes through.

Tangled-Universe

Ok Calico, I see, glad we're on the same frequency then :)

Martin

P.S. Something completely different: I saw my postcount said "leet" instead of a number, what does that mean?

rcallicotte

I'm not sure.  Does it still say 'leet'?  I see 1338...or was it 1337?

Seth

Tangled-Universe

no it were really symbols and not numbers, I even copy pasted it between the "-s.

rcallicotte

Could it be someone from Planetside was messing with you?

How late is it there?  Have you checked your tonic?   ;D

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 11, 2009, 11:34:23 AM
no it were really symbols and not numbers, I even copy pasted it between the "-s.

Tangled-Universe

Ghehe...it was 5:45 pm at that moment :)

old_blaggard

Heheh, good old 1337. I would guess that it's a clever touch by the programmers of the forum system.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Tangled-Universe

It probably is a joke indeed...I swear it was written :)
I'm not into that computer-talk-thingy...so didn't realize 1337 is 'leet' and what does it actually mean?