"Distance Shader"

Started by Phylloxera, February 04, 2007, 09:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phylloxera

Hello, which is the exact role of the "distance shader", where must one position it in the diagram of distribution of the nodes? With what corresponds the parameter "outdistances mode" (distance sphérical or Z-depth)
A what serves the entry camera?
Thank you for your answers
Sorry for my bad or very bad english !!  :-\

Will

the distence shader is a color shader I beleave thaqt can be used for various things but what is does is have a radius around the camera (which ever one you connect it to) thats is one color (lets say red) and out side of that given radius is anouther color (lets say green) and what it does isjust that makes a bubble around the cameria a diffrent color. some have used it to makes clouds stay away or in other creative ways. sorry its not a very good explination but I haven't used it much yet.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

oggyb

I have yet to work out exactly how to get clouds to respond to the distance shader.  I can eventually get them to stay away from the camera, but not hug it.

M.

Njen

I am almost certain that the Distance Shader does not work with clouds when you are below them yet. I tried a lot of testing, and I believe there is a bug which I submitted in the Support forum a couple of weeks ago.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=510.msg3633#msg3633

Oshyan

The Distance Shader should now work with clouds.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

It would be cool if someone would submit an example of the distance shader's use in the Image section.  Sounds like something fun to play with.   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Njen

Quote from: Oshyan on March 24, 2007, 02:42:53 AM
The Distance Shader should now work with clouds.

- Oshyan

I have been away for a while...to find an update! I will have a play with the distance shader :)
Thanks Planetside crew!

Njen

Just want to say that this is working as perfectly as expected.

Chers!

child@play

trying this shader right now, i'm getting more than i expected ;)

after using this on the atmosphere in this thread's scene http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=1183.0, the foam looks just WOW, i'll post an example pic over there soon
perfection is not when there's nothing more to add, it's reached when nothing more can be left out