Does not open.tgd a file

Started by VR, February 20, 2009, 02:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VR

Hello! I ask a pardon for bad English.

The problem consists in the following: in TG2 I open file WM =>
         I save this file as  .tgd   (H:\1.tgd) => at opening  .tgd  a file there is an error 550 (Parse error at line 550).

Thanks all who will express on this question.

Matt

Can you post the .tgd file here as an attachment, or email it to our support address? We will be able to look at the file and see what the problem is.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

VR

I send a file created in WM

Matt

.ter files should be opened in TG2 with "Add Terrain" -> "Heightfield (load)". They are not .tgd files.

If there is a problem with a .tgd file that you have saved, please send us the .tgd file.

Matt

VR

.ter I open a file "Add Terrain" => "Heightfield (load)". I would need to send a file.tgd. I send this file.

VR

I have installed program Terragen 2Beta Free 110231 now an error 558 ("H:\1.tgd: Parse error at line   
   558: not well-formed (inv")

VR

I have understood the error. File WM had the address with inadmissible symbols. TG2 opens this file, saves in a format .tgd, but at opening .tgd a file inadmissible symbols in the address of file WM are the reason of the specified errors.   ;D     

Matt

The problem is that Terragen was not able to store the path to your .ter file correctly. When I look at the .tgd file in a text editor, the line that points to the WM .ter file looks like this (on my computer):

filename = "H:\'‡ÈÎ˚ ǯËÌ˚\Terragen\Terragen 2.ter"

Unfortunately I think this is a limitation in the kinds of characters that Terragen can store (ASCII characters only unfortunately). We are going to improve support for other languages in future versions.

To solve the problem for now, you may need to create a separate folder on your hard drive for storing any files that you use in your Terragen scenes. For Terragen files, store them in folders with ASCII characters only (or English characters only), and do not use the '&' character.

Matt

Matt

VR

Many thanks Matt!!!     
                           With your help the error is corrected.