Navajo Land

Started by choronr, February 27, 2009, 06:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

I'm somewhat pleased with this. Probably needs more work ...we'll see.

rcallicotte

Sort of a smoothed out look.  That fern-like grass is interesting.  Is that an object or procedural?  Like the clouds.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

choronr

Quote from: calico on February 27, 2009, 07:46:29 PM
Sort of a smoothed out look.  That fern-like grass is interesting.  Is that an object or procedural?  Like the clouds.
Hi Calico,

I used the cubic spline and anti aliasing bloom when rendering giving the image a smooth look. The vegetation are bushes by lightning; and, the clouds are produced using FrankB's cloud files - in this case, they are the Cumulus Humilis.

Bob

rcallicotte

But, what about the slight greenish tint along the topsoil?  How did you do that?  Would you give me some ideas about how you did it?  I'd like to do the same thing.

choronr

Hi Calico,

Here is the .tgd. You won't have the terrain; but, the nodes view should give you the settings. If you need the other stuff let me know,

Bob

rcallicotte

Where?   :D

Quote from: choronr on February 27, 2009, 11:44:35 PM
Hi Calico,

Here is the .tgd. You won't have the terrain; but, the nodes view should give you the settings. If you need the other stuff let me know,

Bob

choronr

Quote from: calico on February 28, 2009, 04:57:32 PM
Where?   :D

Quote from: choronr on February 27, 2009, 11:44:35 PM
Hi Calico,

Bob
Sorry Calico, I had to go back in and remove the clouds and the stones portion since these items are sold on FrankB's site. However, the surface work/nodes are there for you to examine. I hope they will help you.

Bob

Tangled-Universe

Nice work once again Bob :)
I like the colors, the smooth vegetation (good colors too there) and the clouds.
Only thing I could suggest is to try to add some interesting displacements on the steeper parts.

Martin

rcallicotte

Thanks.  I'll check it out today.

efflux

Nice clouds and atmosphere.