crash: "runtime error 6: Overflow"

Started by bambam, October 30, 2008, 10:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

Hi, I'm trying to use Terragen 0.9 (latest version) for the second day now.
It does work, although it crashes a lot.

Most of the times when I try to open it for the first time. When I try again it usually works.
And when changing something in the 3D preview, I get the error a lot too.

What is says is this:

Run-time error '6':
Overflow

When I click OK the application closes.
I'm guessing it has something to do with my videocard... But it's not that old or anything.
Does anyone know what this error means and how to solve it? I searched for the answer, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance! I'm looking forward to making great landscapes.

Oshyan

Have you tried updating your graphics card driver? Is there any other information, such as a "module name", given when it crashes? What operating system are you using?

- Oshyan

bambam

It still crashes, although I Just updated my graphics card driver.

I have an ATI Radeon 9200.
Operating system: Win XP PRO SP2

It doesn't give any other information than that message.

Thanks for the reply

Oshyan

Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do with your error. It's not one I recall seeing before with TG 0.9. Of course there are the standard fixes you should try - uninstall and reinstall (make sure you reinstall from a fresh download of the program) and clear your Temp Files. You may also need to update your Visual Basic runtimes. You can download the latest here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7B9BA261-7A9C-43E7-9117-F673077FFB3C&displaylang=en

It would also help if you could give more information on your computer's specifications - RAM, graphics card, CPU, etc.

- Oshyan

jo

Hi,

I've just seen this now. "Runtime error 6" is a Visual Basic error. It's strange to get it so often, certainly not normal. I would follow Oshyan's advice above.

Regards,

Jo