Low Fog Technique...

Started by choronr, April 27, 2009, 02:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

I'm trying to attain a low fog in the low spots of a scene; and, would appreciate the best explanation for achieving it. I've tried using the clouds with some success; but, not really satisfied with it. Can one use the 'haze' setting to achieve fog? If so, what settings would one use? Thanks for your suggestions.

Bob

cyphyr

See if you can find some images in google that fit your needs, then someone may be able to point you in the right direction.
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

FrankB

clouds are the "better" fog, Bob. However, you really have to fine-tune it to your needs. It all depends on how close you are, the sun position and the cloud lighting settings. It's not easy to get a convincing fog in all scenes. I'm afraid you just have to continue experimenting. Also try to experiment with scale in the cloud density fractal, and the warp shader.

Good luck,
Frank

choronr

Thank you Frank for these suggestions. I've got one of those images going where I want to try both a day atmo; and, a night time atmo. Hopefully one or the other - or both will yield a satisfying image.

Greetings,

Bob