Question about this Support Section?

Started by buzzzzz, February 10, 2007, 10:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzzzz

I'm wondering if this is the place to post if someone has a problem and needs help from the Planetside Support Team? I mean it's been a week since anyone from Planetside has posted here at the Forum? And maybe I'm way off base and that's not what this section is for at all? Perhaps they should change the Title of this section to "Help and Support with Terragen TP from the Community"

Tim O'Donoghue

Maybe they're all busy getting a new release ready based on the thread about feature requests. :D

buzzzzz

Quote from: Tim O'Donoghue on February 10, 2007, 10:43:02 AM
Maybe they're all busy getting a new release ready based on the thread about feature requests. :D

Yeah, I'm totally aware of that Tim and that's a GOOD Thing! But still it's no excuse in my opinion for lack of support and I think this is something they still need to work on. I'm not trying to piss anyone off and I mean no disrespect for anyone. Most support teams reply in one way or another within 24 hours. I realize this is just a Pre-release that we paid money for but we should still get support in a reasonable amount of time.

Mohawk20

Just to stay correct: The section is called "Terragen 2 Support". It doesn't say "Planetside staff support".

It means that if you have a problem with TG2, you can get help and support in this section, it doesn't state who gives the support.
Furthermore, are there many cases where the input from the Planetside staff were absolutly neccisary? (Ofcourse there are, but a lot of problems can be solved between users, because this is a very helpfull community.)

I think it's a good thing that we can solve problems without the staff, so that they have the time to fix the really bad stuff and implement new things. Besides that, Oshyan has been very helpfull.

But that's not really what this was about... Pure technical, the name of the section is not really wrong.
Howgh!

buzzzzz

Quote from: Mohawk20 on February 10, 2007, 11:55:21 AM
Just to stay correct: The section is called "Terragen 2 Support". It doesn't say "Planetside staff support".

It means that if you have a problem with TG2, you can get help and support in this section, it doesn't state who gives the support.
Furthermore, are there many cases where the input from the Planetside staff were absolutly neccisary? (Ofcourse there are, but a lot of problems can be solved between users, because this is a very helpfull community.)

I think it's a good thing that we can solve problems without the staff, so that they have the time to fix the really bad stuff and implement new things. Besides that, Oshyan has been very helpfull

But that's not really what this was about... Pure technical, the name of the section is not really wrong.

Yes Oshyan has been very helpful when he's here.

Furthermore, why have a  section for Support when we also have a section that covers just what you are talking about? Right here___>>>> Terragen 2 Discussion
Open discussion about Terragen 2. Share tips, tricks, sample files and presets, and ask any questions you have about Terragen 2. I'm not going to get into a Pissing match. Why have Two Sections in the Forum that are for the same thing according to what you are saying if one isn't for Planetside Staff Support?  End of Discussion.

Thank you for your Support.  ;)

old_blaggard

I agree that it is a bit irksome that the Planetside people have been so quiet of late.  However, Matt and Jo are busy developing, and Oshyan has a full-time job and life outside of Terragen, and his resposibilities are really broad at Planetside.  Thus, while I think it's odd that he hasn't posted on this forum for a while, we should cut him a little slack.  I agree with Buzzzzz that out of principle, he should definitely be offering support, but I agree with Mohawk that he doesn't actually seem too terribly needed right now.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Mohawk20

Glad we sorted that... You are right about the Discussion section, I ignored that a bit.

Well, chances are that with the staff this bussy, they won't even have time to read this thread, and when they to it isn't valid anymore because then they are giving support...

(A verry odd situation indeed...)
Howgh!

Oshyan

I do apologize for my period of absence. I won't make any excuses, but I think it's important to say that although I try to be here and keep up-to-date on everything at least once a day, that often ends up being more like once every few days. Given our small team at the moment I'm afraid that's how things have to be, but week-long absences (as happened most recently) should not be the norm. We will also be developing support priorities and systems to ensure expected response times for the full commercial release, of course.

I do want it make it clear that this is (one of) the place(s) for official support, but we do also provide priority support to registered users through email. You will generally get faster and more dedicated response through support AT planetside.co.uk, but of course the value in posting here is that others may answer your question first, or at least they can benefit from any answer given.

We will answer any questions that do seem like they need a response but we're not at all opposed to people posting their own solutions and will tend not to respond if something already seems well answered. If a problem or question persists please do post an update to the thread in question or create a new one if necessary.

- Oshyan