E-on Vue 7.5

Started by Confusoid, April 29, 2009, 07:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Confusoid

Upcoming E-on Vue 7.5 will have a planetary context.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/about/newsletter/

Mohawk20

So apart from some Ecosystem upgrades they have tried to include as much native TG2 functions as possible...

Heheh, funny that. :D
Howgh!

latego

Dear Mat and Jo, half of E-OnSoftware marketing strategy is dictated by what you are coding. Hearthly compliments ;D.

W.r.t. TG2, I downloaded the free edition and did some test renders. The speed improvements w.r.t. the past are absolutely remarkable; now nobody can say anymore "Terragen" is slow as molasses (as you could RIGHTLY state in the past ;)). In the near future I will seriously check TG2 because Vue future is cloudy (and I do not mean Spectral Atmospheres).

Bye!!!

PorcupineFloyd

You know what's the best thing? Prices! :D

QuoteVue 7.5 xStream will retail for $1,495, with upgrades from Vue 7 xStream available for $495. Vue 7.5 Infinite will retail for $895, with upgrades from Vue 7 Infinite available for $295. Other upgrade paths from Vue 6 Infinite and Vue 6 xStream will be available at the time of release.

Ain't that lovely to pay $295 for upgrade from full Vue 7 version you just bought, to Vue 7.5? Or better $495 for xStream? ;-)

PG

And that's just to get the same thing (of arguably lacking quality) as TG2. The only good thing I've found from e-on is corucopia because the models are dirt cheap and still quite good quality. Don't know if they have formats that work in TG2 though :-X
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

Jack

Lol $495 they must be having a laugh >:(
I have stuck by vue for a long time but they have turned into A company hat is obsessed with money, money AND MORE MONEY
and frankly paying over a grand for something that doesn't do the job half as well as A program for $300 is hilarious in a bad way.
Terragen is also a lot more stable than Vue I know its taken a while to iron out tg2's bugs their are still some Daz characters and parts shaders are reeking havoc runtime error after runtime error but apart from that terragen is a pretty damn stable platform where as vue hmmmmmmmm ::) that crashes more times in one sitting than terragen crashes in a month im being serious :o

Well that planet did look kinda nice but viewing at that resolution well they must be hiding something
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

PG

Doesn't seem to say anything about scalability. TG2 can go from a solar system to a rock garden in one fell swoop, I seriously doubt that vue can.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

PorcupineFloyd

That's really fantastic way of making money.

Release a software worth few hundred bucks and then add some small upgrades and release it again for few hundred bucks. You don't need advertising at all - you can simply rely on people who already bought it and will have to upgrade.
Geez, It's a shame that I don't have some spare money as I'd buy an upgrade to TG2 with XfrogPlants. It is really valuable compared to what e-on offers.

Jack

well if its anything like vue infinite terrain then it will be crap :P have you actually tried to get some decent mountains out of It you spend hours trying to modify the textures because it brings vue to a standstill. I seriously doubt that they will rival terragen planetary capabilities I mean this is what Terragen is made for!!!
I mean do you really think Vue could match this level of detail Lol I bet my right one it wont ;D

http://nvseal.deviantart.com/
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

efflux

My initial reason for ditching Vue years ago was the pricing. It just goes up and up. Vue used to be one app and one version at reasonable price. Then before long to even export stuff properly I was supposed to upgrade to "pro" versions. Vue is a rip off.

darthvader

I like the shapes of the clouds on that Vue planet, that said the rest of its surfacing doesn't hold a candle to terragen's realism.

Oshyan

I'm fairly certain the cloud shapes are just a modified image map, much like Nvseal's fantastic hurricane shots:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/f/tg2/nvseal_hurricane_2.jpg.html

- Oshyan

Confusoid

Yes, those are image driven from a high-res global cloud map and probably have volumetric spectral-cloud material added to the image with alpha transparency.

mt_sabao

Quote from: PG on April 30, 2009, 05:42:23 AM
Doesn't seem to say anything about scalability. TG2 can go from a solar system to a rock garden in one fell swoop, I seriously doubt that vue can.
yeah, although if you go on a solar system scale things stop working :( I hope they sort out a way t o fix this

Confusoid

Quote from: PG on April 30, 2009, 05:42:23 AM

Sense both Terragen and Vue are dealing with near-infinite procedurals, why would it be impossible for Vue to do the same. I am not defending Vue by any means but Vue 7.5 now has a planetary context that deals with those near-infinite procedurals so i would imagine you could zoom from high orbit to a small rock. Given the procedural globe there on e-on's page it looks like a given.