Windows 7 Heads up

Started by neuspadrin, May 06, 2009, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neuspadrin

Was playing around on windows 7, but there seems to be something up with how the quick preview renders the atmosphere. Larges chunks in the preview won't render, but on a real render they do just fine so whatever ;).  Only problem I can tell so far.  I don't know if maybe its something on my end though driver wise in windows 7 or what, and I realize you probably won't be looking into it for awhile, its just I havn't had that issue when using xp/vista.

just a heads up ;)

Oshyan

So this is in an actual render, not the 3D preview?

- Oshyan

neuspadrin

The preview, at least on my machine.  The real render works just fine so its all ok to me, as i don't rely on the preview for atmosphere as much.

Saurav

With the drivers that came with windows 7 RC1 for my 8800GT I saw similar problems. The issue went away after I updated the nvidia driver (windows 7 beta driver).

neuspadrin

Ah, the one i'm currently testing on is an intel 965 gpu i believe.  I checked the intel drivers, downloaded the most recent but when i tried to install it said my currently installed drivers were newer.  So it must be some sort of driver issue, hopefully it'll get fixed in an update soon.

Anyways, was just giving a heads up of perhaps possible problems down the road.

neuspadrin

Yeh so I decided to try downgrading my graphics drivers and now it works just fine.  So its something up with intel and their windows 7 drivers. 

Just installed vista ones on vista compatibility and it seems stable so far ;)

Oshyan

Thanks for the update. I figured it was a graphics driver issue. The 3D preview seems sensitive to that stuff, even though I don't think we're doing anything particularly unusual with OpenGL.

- Oshyan