Pausing Renders

Started by viche12345, January 29, 2007, 08:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fire

Quick tips for hibernating (in Windows XP):

Click 'Start', then' Turn Off Computer'. Hold the [Shift] key, and the 'Stand By' button will turn into a 'Hibernate' button.
or
If you're not using the 'Welcome screen', just select 'Hibernate' from the drop down menu in the dialog box that appears after you click 'Turn Off Computer'.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 04, 2007, 07:03:07 AM

Click 'Start', then' Turn Off Computer'. Hold the [Shift] key, and the 'Stand By' button will turn into a 'Hibernate' button.
or
If you're not using the 'Welcome screen', just select 'Hibernate' from the drop down menu in the dialog box that appears after you click 'Turn Off Computer'.

Thank you, but it seems not to work somehow. When I hold the shift key the 'Stand By' button won't turn into a 'Hibernate' button.
I'm running XP Pro.

oggyb

If you followed all the instructions to go to the control panel power settings dialogue, and it still doesn't change (mine does and I'm in xp pro) then you'll have to go the task manager and click on the shut down menu.  It's the second option.

M.

viche12345

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on February 04, 2007, 08:44:10 AM
Quote from: Dark Fire on February 04, 2007, 07:03:07 AM

or

Thank you, but it seems not to work somehow. When I hold the shift key the 'Stand By' button won't turn into a 'Hibernate' button.
I'm running XP Pro.

You need to enable the hibernate feature in the Power Control panel.

RedSquare

So, being a real thicko, does the hibernate option save the render todate (paused) or will it save concurrently?  Just wondering if it would be a method of getting round these pesky crashes.

The Geostation

Any chance of a fast-forward function?  ;D

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Dark Fire

Quote from: The Geostation on February 05, 2007, 04:43:50 PM
Any chance of a fast-forward function?  ;D

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
If you are not to attached to your processor, yes...

Will

well there is over-clocking

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Dark Fire

Quote from: Will on February 08, 2007, 05:49:09 AM
well there is over-clocking

regards,

Will
That's what I was hinting at...