Alien trees – Glowing Piri Balls

Started by Mr_Lamppost, May 19, 2009, 09:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

Alien trees – Glowing Piri Balls

Space 1999 inspired XFrog made Alien trees – Glowing Piri Balls.

http://www.mrlamppost.com/tg2/downloads/files/piriballs.zip

Free for non commercial use: make sure you read the licence.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

mogn

Cyber-Angel

Been a while since I watched "Guardian of Piri", I own Space 1999 session 1 on DVD so that's easy enough, what you have here looks vary much like what is in that episode.  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

tumasch

Décider c'est mourir un peu.

domdib

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: Cyber-Angel on May 20, 2009, 01:59:38 AM
Been a while since I watched "Guardian of Piri", I own Space 1999 session 1 on DVD so that's easy enough, what you have here looks vary much like what is in that episode.  ;D

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Like it says inspired by.

Mandrake over on Ashundar/Terragen.org gave me a version the Eagle model he has been working on for ages to try out,  I wanted to capture the essence of season one; red sky, naff clouds and weird alien plants so made the PiriBalls. 

I know you have seen this over there but I'll post the link for the benefit of those that haven't seen it;

http://www.terragen.org/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-5890

I have both seasons on DVD but season 1 is Space 1999 interesting concepts, well crafted scripts believable characterisation etc.  Season 2 was a poor imitation. 

matrix2003

Nice indeed.  Looks like fun.

Thanks.   -  Bill .
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

domdib

arisdemos

Are you using a "phi" ball distributor to get the flowers on your plant, and if so could you show a screen capture of your set up in Xfrog?

Mr_Lamppost

Yes I am using a Phi Ball to distribute the nodule things (Petals).

At the end of each branch is a Simple component with a Sphere primitive plus a Phi Ball the only change in the settings from the default is that the radius is set to match the sphere.  The actual petals are Horn components using a spline to control their shape.

arisdemos

Thank you for the info, and good luck throughout your trial period for Xfrog. Thirty days sure can go fast when your trying to get so much down.