Render Window Confirmation Dialog

Started by Mohawk20, February 13, 2007, 02:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohawk20

Currently, when your render finishes, the render dialog has 2 buttons. The 'Save' button, and the 'Render' button.
I had just finished redering a scene wich took 7 hours to render overnight, and I wanted to save it. Accidentally, I hit the button next to it, without warnig, it just started rendering again. so now I have to wait another 7 hours before I can save the image. I think that is a waste of time!

Please let there be an "Are you sure you want to render this again" dialog in the future, or another solution, because currently, I'm not as happy as I want to be...
Howgh!

duff

Try the temp files - you should have a bmp of the finished version in there.

Mohawk20

Ah yes, thank you, forgot about that... however, I still think the dialog would be nice
Howgh!

duff

Agreed a confirm might be useful.

I posted in the hope I could to save you seven hours.

Mohawk20

Well, I set it to render and went to work, now that I'm back, after about 5 hours, I aborted render. So it dind't cost me any unneccisary time, thanks to you...
Howgh!

duff

A 5 hour working day! I like the sound of that.

Mohawk20

Haha, actually, I officially work from 9 to 12, but lately there has been some extra work every day. So 5 hours is actually officially a bit too long  :P
Howgh!

dhavalmistry

yes...render again confirmation would be a good idea...another good idea would be "Render to disk" feature
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"