Urban dawn (atmo)

Started by Jack, May 28, 2009, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I am currently working on a project called urban dawn and I have finished the atmo and liked how it has turned out so I would like to share it with you so here it is!
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

deepdish

Very, very nice. The colors are beautiful!

Oshyan

I'm *loving* this. Heck for my taste you could just leave it as-is. Though I imagine you're planning to add some crazy space ships and whatnot. ;D

- Oshyan

Jack

actually I am leaving space ships out this time ;D I think the buildings on the ground need to be bigger so its not just a plane. they are sitting on a terrain that has been masked with an image I made in photoshop. im planning on creating a ring though I have tried it internally but their is a bug in terragen that when you select alpha by colour and place that object infront of another object with specular settings it cancels it out so im going to have to do this in photoshop :)

also I think it needs a few more skyscrapers in the far far distance ;)
also im thinking of adding some distant smoke plumes just bought rones smoke brushes from daz so they may come in handy!
My terragen gallery:

deepdish

Quote from: wetbanana on May 28, 2009, 11:15:56 PM
actually I am leaving space ships out this time ;D I think the buildings on the ground need to be bigger so its not just a plane. they are sitting on a terrain that has been masked with an image I made in photoshop. im planning on creating a ring though I have tried it internally but their is a bug in terragen that when you select alpha by colour and place that object infront of another object with specular settings it cancels it out so im going to have to do this in photoshop :)

also I think it needs a few more skyscrapers in the far far distance ;)
also im thinking of adding some distant smoke plumes just bought rones smoke brushes from daz so they may come in handy!

Wow, I have a feeling this is gonna turn out incredible

domdib

littlecannon

I'm liking right now, beautiful colours.... interesting to see where it goes. Thanks a lot for the tgd.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

efflux

Cool. Very nice colours.

rcallicotte

I don't mean this as a complaint, but most of your images would looks so cool with some animation.  I can see this at the beginning of some cool sci-fi movie like Blade Runner or THX-1138 or even Blade.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Jack

I do not have the animation version of terragen though and even if I did I do not have the time or pc power to have an animation running for a months.....
My terragen gallery:

MacGyver

Quote from: Oshyan on May 28, 2009, 11:06:41 PM
I'm *loving* this. Heck for my taste you could just leave it as-is. Though I imagine you're planning to add some crazy space ships and whatnot. ;D

- Oshyan

;D ;D ;D

This is really a most beautiful atmosphere, thank you so very very much Mr. Wetbanana :D
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

inkydigit

juicy looking...sweet!
cheers
for sharing!