New Builds

Started by Yellowbull, February 07, 2007, 10:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowbull

Just curious if there is a schedule for new builds?

D

buzzzzz

Quote from: Oshyan on February 01, 2007, 10:53:04 PM
The update for the Technology Preview will be released soon™. ;D Seriously. :)

- Oshyan

As Stated in a previous Thread.  :)

Oshyan

There is no schedule per se, however the general public will be getting less frequent updates than registered users. For the initial update we have been focusing on things that are important for all users to have - primarily stability improvements - so the next release will be a patch for both the free public Technology Preview and the registered versions. Following that it's likely that we'll have semi-regular releases to registered users with less frequent major releases to the public when sufficient features and fixes have been implemented to warrant it.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Well I am sure that the update will cure some but not all of the bugs in this software, and after each update it would be good idea to still look for bugs that may have up to now escaped detection. Talking of this Tech Preview once the final commercial versions are released (TG2 Deep and Deep + Animation First, followed some time in the future by TG2 Standard and TG2 Creative) are there hypothetically going to be and time limits on the use of the Tech Preview or will it have no restrictions like 0.9.43 and before?

Obliviously once the final release versions of TG2 are released I should imagine that support and development work will switch focus to those products, conversely encouraging people who have not yet registered to do so.

Also it is more then likely that registered members are more likely to be told first about incremental updates (2.1, 2.2 etc) before they are announced on the main site, or then again maybe not.

Then there is the issue of the continued (As to be released) provision for a free version of TG2 and subsequent revisions thereof which alludes to the matter of the feature set  provided therein and restrictions pertaining thereof, as yet hitherto undecided as to there inclusion or not in the aforementioned title so prescribed.

As a registered user (Of the Aforementioned TG2 +Animation so to aforementioned) I would vary much look forward to been kept apprised of the aforementioned of new developments in the prescribed manner mentioned herein (This post) and any and all authorised communication channels.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

Will

I like how tech preview is set up now, limiting the render size, limited poplations, and theres no animation but otherwise the full program. As for being contected on new builds and the like I agree with Cyber-Angel that it would be cool if we got the news before anyone else, maybe a day before or something.

Regards,

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Cyber-Angel

Will,

The registered version of the Tech Preview doesnt have render size restrictions or any of the other restrictions of the public version of it: I have a requiserted version of the Deep + Animation version of the Tech Preview which will be upgraded to the Deep + Animation version of the finnel release version of the software when it is available.

I have seven WIP's right now that I am taking my time over and at least 2 are 1024 X 880 in size I was used to working in what ever resolution I liked in 0.9.43 and got my commercial licence as soon as possible as I imagine did any artist of note in the Terragen community.

800 X 600 is fine for some things but far to limited when trying to do large vistas without a lot of hard work with the POV setup?

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Will

I completely agree, Acualy currently I'm rendering a panoramic and do to the size constirictions it is hard to get the shot I want (I do plan to purches a registration once I get some extra money). But I think these constrictions would be enough insentive for someone to purches a registrated version but not enough that they make the program unuseable and that what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.