Two Renders

Started by dhavalmistry, February 13, 2007, 11:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

here is the rainbow effort (Better than the other one) only if I could find a way to put in more than 2 colors in the atmosphere gradient
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

3DGuy

A rainbow never apears looking into the sun ;) The only thing you could see are halo's.

dhavalmistry

ya...I thought of that too....still I decided to give it a go....u never know how it will turn out....anyway....it still looks good....

Will

I think the effect is nice.

regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Volker Harun

Take two suns.
One behind the viewer - for shadows, etc. the other one for the halo/rainbow with no visible disc and only effecting atmospheres  8)

Volker

Will

thought about that but woun't the secound effect how the halo looks ?

regards,

WIll
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

I would give it a try anyways.  If you positioned them cleverly and made the one behind the camera relatively weak, I think it would work.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

How can I make the sun only affect the atomosphere and not anything else???

oh...by the way....here is TGD if anyone wants to try....

Volker Harun

Attached is a screenshot with the sun settings

Volker

dhavalmistry

Hey Volker...just a question...why would I need secong sun...before you said put one sun behind camera for shadows...what shadows??

As far as I know rainbow doesnt have shadows

Volker Harun

Well, you have a sun behind the planet for creating the 'rainbow'. As 3D-Guy mentioned, there is no rainbow when lookin ginto the sun - the has to be behind the viewer.

Therefore you should place an invisible sun behind the planet for the rainbow-effect. The other sun is - for realistic results - behind the camera.

Regards,
Volker Harun