Clover

Started by mr-miley, July 15, 2009, 07:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-miley

Hi all. After viewing the most excellent Xfrog Video Tutorial by that maker of all things plant-like, Walli, I thought I'd have a go at making something. Below is the result. Its clover. Both leaves and flowers, all separate so you can mix and match. I have found that dumping them all into the same PF Blend By shader works quite well. There are 9 different leaves. Leaf 1, 2 & 3 all with the same map for the leaves, with an "a" and a "b" version of each that use the "mycloverleaf1.jpg" and "mycloverleaf1trans.jpg" and the "mycloverleaf2.jpg" and "mycloverleaf2trans.jpg" respectively. The different versions (straight, a & b) are with the stems straight, bent one way and bent the other, just to give a little variation. There are 3 flower TGOs too, leaning different directions. The petals are set to white at the moment, just tone it down / change to suit These are all at roughly the correct scale, so you won't need to faff around too much to use them at a real world size.
You can download it from:-
http://www.gintdev.co.uk/mr-miley/Mr%20Mileys%20clover.rar
Please feel free to use and abuse. Wouldn't mind a mention if you do...

Miles
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

littlecannon

Excellent mr-miley... thanks very much.
I just need to tweak that texture a bit more...

red_planet

mogn

inkydigit

cheers these look great!

Zairyn Arsyn

thanks for sharing this. 8)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

rcallicotte

Thanks Mr. Miley.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

otakar

Thank you! Your TGO page seems to be broken, though.

Tangled-Universe

Thanks!
Clusters of clovers are always nice to have as variation in your dense low grasses.

Cheers,
Martin

mhaze

thankyou - very useful

rcallicotte

Very nice.  Thank you!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Walli

nice, for sure they will go well together with some grass ppulations!