unusable...

Started by Savagedragon, September 11, 2009, 02:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savagedragon

Want to see what some RO think of TG2? http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3521742&ebot_calc_page#message_3521742

I have seen beautiful things created in TG2 & I'm no idiot. But for almost everyone I know, its simply, or not so simply, unusable.
Just an opinion.

RArcher

I would agree that TG2 is certainly more complex and is not for everyone, but there are plenty of hobby users who have no math skills who use TG2 for artistic purposes, myself included.  More complicated, for a far superior result, but calling it unusable is more than a little dramatic. Sort of like a child throwing a temper tantrum when they don't get their own way.

Rhalph

I don't understand people who compare TG 0.9x to TG2.
TG2 is far more powerful. How could it be as simple to use as TG 0.9x ?

There were a lot of instability problems at the beginning, but I think that now it's a rather stable program. More stable than Vue, from what I've heard.

buzzzzz1

I don't understand people who say they just don't like something when the truth is: they really don't understand it or are afraid of it.  BTW, if you do a search here at the forum you can find out what some here think of Renderosity.  ;) 

I guess you can tell by my tone that I don't really care for the way you come in here and on your very first post you start bashing TG2.

Sorry gang, I've been pretty quite for a while now but this really pisses me off.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Henry Blewer

Cypher and I both replied on the Renderosity forum.  Richard was eloquent. I was called a genius. I decided they were correct. ;D

Anyway, maybe some of the bashers will try the new Terragen 2 release and find they like it.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

matrix2003

If you read the thread till the end original poster retracts and apologizes for the whole statement.   ::)  ...nothing to see here people!
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Henry Blewer

Jo did some great posts. It's worth a look to see his point of view. Plus they are helpful.

Markal

Hey Buzzzzz,
You were born pissed off...I heard you popped out and smacked the doctor....LOL!  How ya been man?....its been a long time....sorry but, I started all this by continuing to use the original bug-ridden free preview by accident.  I discovered my mistake and apologized.  I understand how and why you dislike (hate with a passion...:) ) Renderosity. They are after all a Poser and friends being overly nice and less critical type art site...there are still some good people and artists overthere....But please don't be pissed off by my mistake. I'm working with TG2 now that I have a quad core, faster computer with all the bells and whistles.....you helped me learn TG classic more than you know....in fact, I still use some of your surface files (tweaked slightly) in my TG classic images.  How about you teach this old dog some new tricks???   Are you up to it or you gonna be pissed off....again....and again.....and again?......seriously.....love ya man!  A true artist's passions run hot....Buzzzzz's is boiling over...LOL!
Peace
Markal

Tangled-Universe

I can imagine TG2 is a harder to learn than TG0.9x, but like Jo already explained at RO is that it is very similar to TG0.9x if you just do it using the menus and to not try to focus to much on the network.
Further on, like said many times before, TG2 is in virtually everything superior to TG0.9x. Maybe a bit less user-friendly but every software has its quirks and it is by far not as worse as blender :)

Anyhow...in the end it all comes to spending time, practice and determination and I'm sorry to say Markal but shooting at TG2 without ever spending a minute here, hence you've just posted your first post here, proves quite much to me how well you've tried so far.

Cheers,
Martin

buzzzzz1

Quote from: Markal on September 12, 2009, 07:50:54 PM
Hey Buzzzzz,
You were born pissed off...I heard you popped out and smacked the doctor....LOL!  How ya been man?....its been a long time....sorry but, I started all this by continuing to use the original bug-ridden free preview by accident.  I discovered my mistake and apologized.  I understand how and why you dislike (hate with a passion...:) ) Renderosity. They are after all a Poser and friends being overly nice and less critical type art site...there are still some good people and artists overthere....But please don't be pissed off by my mistake. I'm working with TG2 now that I have a quad core, faster computer with all the bells and whistles.....you helped me learn TG classic more than you know....in fact, I still use some of your surface files (tweaked slightly) in my TG classic images.  How about you teach this old dog some new tricks???   Are you up to it or you gonna be pissed off....again....and again.....and again?......seriously.....love ya man!  A true artist's passions run hot....Buzzzzz's is boiling over...LOL!
Peace
Markal

Welcome Mark (I guess?) , It's good of you to admit your mistake.  Just look around the forums and you will find plenty of help, several years worth in fact. So it goes like this, eh?  You bash TG2, savage or whatever her name is comes over here and makes her first post saying look at what they are saying over at renderosity.  This post was not about me, it was about a couple of people from renderosity whining about how TG2 sucks when in fact it was their own incompetence that was the problem. So if you please, don't try and take the focus off the real issue here by trying to put it on my temperament. I really don't need your help. LOL

cheers
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Henry Blewer

You'll find that there are many here who have advise and share knowledge. The search function is good, but often there is a lot to look through. We tend to discuss the same things over and over. This is because we find so many different ways to combine shaders, functions, power fractals, and node set ups.
There really is not a wrong way to make a landscape using Terragen 2. There are things which do not work. It comes down to your own work and things you try.
It all really comes down to this, we help each other. 8)

Seth

cyphyr

Brings to mind the most annoying thing an ex girl friend used to say if I ever said I was "pissed off".

"Well its better than being pissed on"

:)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)