Contents of TG2 don't resize properly in Windows 7

Started by oggyb, September 14, 2009, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggyb

Hi guys.

I noticed a display bug in Windows 7 today.  When you click and drag the title bar to the top of the screen to maximise the windows (new window manager functionality) the TG2 window contents do not redraw to fill the new space, they simply stick to the top left corner as if the window had not been resized, thus:

Just thought I'd let you know.

If the title bar is DOUBLE CLICKED, as you would have to in Vista, the problem does not exist.  However, the display in maximised mode is generally very buggy with the preview and module tree areas.

cyphyr

Probably due to buggy Win7 display drivers ~ it is after all still in beta ... Thanks for the heads up though I was thinking of making the move to win7, maybe later now :)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

oggyb

Quote from: cyphyr on September 14, 2009, 11:01:49 AM
Probably due to buggy Win7 display drivers ~ it is after all still in beta ... Thanks for the heads up though I was thinking of making the move to win7, maybe later now :)
Richard
Hi cyphyr, it's much more likely to be TG2 than Windows 7.  Display drivers from NVidia and ATI have been in circulation (not beta) for months now and no other program I've used has the same issue.

Volker Harun

Confirmed, I have not used this feature for terragen, yet.
It is a bit different at my place, Everything is in place except for the preview which is shifted half way out off the screen.

Oshyan

Verified. We'll look into it, though we're not formally supporting Windows 7 just yet.

- Oshyan

Rhalph

Quote from: cyphyr on September 14, 2009, 11:01:49 AM
Probably due to buggy Win7 display drivers ~ it is after all still in beta
Win7 is not in beta anymore, actually some people already have it (MSDN/technet users)

Oshyan

Win7 has not yet been released to the general public actually. The date is October 22nd for general availability. Regardless of that however we won't officially support it until we can be sure everything is working correctly, and address any issues (like this one) that may be occurring.

In general everything will work since it's largely just a Vista variant, so you needn't worry about the "lack of support", but new features like this can still cause issues. We'll fix them over time and we should be able to formally support Win7 sooner than later.

- Oshyan

Henry Blewer

I found an interesting difficulty. Open the file menu, then move the mouse over each menu to the Window menu. This causes a crash. I does it in the free version, and the Deep edition.
Yes, I now can make larger pictures! 8)
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

jo

Hi njeneb,

Quote from: njeneb on September 16, 2009, 08:06:13 AM
I found an interesting difficulty. Open the file menu, then move the mouse over each menu to the Window menu. This causes a crash. I does it in the free version, and the Deep edition.

Is this on Windows 7 or some other version of Windows?

Regards,

Jo

Volker Harun

Henry Blewer

I am using Vista.

Date=16 Sep 2009, 13:46

[Utility]
Version=1.10.08

[System]
CPU=Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (~3010MHz 2 CPU)
BiosDate=01/08/07
Memory=2045 MB
OS=Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 (6.0.6002)
Language=English
DirectX=10.0
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

oggyb

Quote from: jo on September 16, 2009, 08:45:00 AM
Hi njeneb,

Quote from: njeneb on September 16, 2009, 08:06:13 AM

Is this on Windows 7 or some other version of Windows?

Regards,

Jo
This does not happen on my machine (Win 7 RC, Core2 Quad, 2Gb Corsair, Asus Striker Extreme).