360° Panorama issues?

Started by bigben, February 19, 2007, 08:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I'm currently running some tests on making 360° panoramas with TG2 and have seen in other posts concerns over issues possibly relating to GI... in particular, tonal mismatches between adjacent images.  Can someone please point me at a sample image (or post one here). I'll be doing some more tests tonight with higher quality settings but it would be nice to see what problems people are having.

[attachthumb=#1]
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tgdemo/tetons_pano00.mov (468kb)
These were done with the default quality/lighting settings and I can see no problems.

The only other potential problem I can think of is if people are producing panoramas without remapping the images first (i.e. just butting them together in Photoshop).
[attachthumb=#2]

While the images match along their borders, they are geometrically distorted in different directions which results in all sorts of glitches including an apparent vignetting.

bigben

Thanks for the reference. There seem to be two issues in that post. 1: changes with camera movement, which would be relevant to animations but not for panoramas, and 2: cropped renders, for which there is an easy workaround (don't crop ;)). 

I dare say they'd be working on a fix for this one.